Sew fancy

Just finished this dress. It’s the Réglisse from Deer and Doe.









It was a super easy make. I really like the gathers at the shoulder. It’s a fun detail. I was supposed to turn the hem bias under but I liked how it looked like this. The pattern is from a French maker and the instructions are minimal. Extremely minimal. But they’re good enough to figure it out. I think I might prefer it. Usually pattern makers make it more complicated then it needs to be. 


My issues were my fault. I accident cut the smallest size for skirt and it didn’t go over my head. I mean it was probably a 2 and I’m a 12. I had to add panels to the side to fix it because I didn’t have more of this fabric, nor could I get it. The top is a size or two too big but again that’s my fault. I just guessed at sizing.  

I will make it again. I will make the top a little smaller and shorten the arm holes. I will also add pockets!!!



Made Eliza and I matching infinity scarves this weekend too. It’s one of the new knits from 
Cotton + Steel that I picked up at Pintuck and Purl this weekend. 



What’s it like where you are? We have a snow day today!

Comments