Things change and that is OK

You hear a million quotes about having a baby. One I am guessing that has never been uttered is "nothing will change, your life will be the same"
I know this. I went into this willingly. I am not complaining, quite the opposite really. Heck I did fertility treatments. I WANTED this. I just look at it sometimes and have to giggle how much things change.

Who is a fill up your online cart and let it sit person? Only to never buy it or to use it as a "wish list" and eventually buy a thing or two on it? Raise your hand.

(click to enlarge. I know it came in kinda small huh?)

Our family Amazon cart has stuff saved in it from 5 years ago. It has a little bit of everything in the "save for later" section. I was on there today and my cart as it stands today made me laugh. Do I need all of it. Probably not. Will I buy some of it. Maybe eventually. (I will the waterproof pad for sure) But it just made smile to see how even before she is born something as simple as "playing on the internet throwing things in a cart" has totally changed from say 6 months ago.

That's OK. I like this change.

While I have you here.

What are your newborn MUST HAVES? Any category?
I love reading people's opinions on this. You never know when you are going to find a total gem of advice. 

The mitts were recent advice from someone. She said how babies like to pull their mittens off so those mittens above are ones with little Velcro tabs so tighten them on so they can't take them off. Genius right? I haven't pulled the trigger due to price. But they sit there to remind me how smart they are.

Comments

Teresa Kulupka said…
must haves?

more than one extra set of sheets & mattress cover. at 2am after the 2nd time he's wet the bed you don't want to have to do laundry.

he wore his mittens up until about 3mos and he still scratches himself. but they worked fine.

lots of burp rags and bibs. you can never have enough.

When Karl and I got engaged and went to Williams-Sonoma to register I was very embarrassed when the employee said that the two of us already had a registry. Yeah, I made a fantasy one a couple years prior, and I was amazed that a good 75% of it was stuff I still liked (and he liked too!).

Anyway, newborn must-haves:
-Moby wrap
-Tee shirts that open in the front kimono-style
-Swaddling blankets and swaddlers
-A swing
-A pump and bottles (since I breastfed)
-Pack and Play with bassinet and changing table feature (we didn't plan it but she slept in that in our room the first few months)
-Legwarmers/babylegs (wear with a tee and it makes diaper changing super easy)
-2-3 sheets so one or 2 can be in the laundry and you're not SOL
Baby nail clippers (got 3 pairs at my shower and loved having 3 - one in her room, one in ours, one downstairs)
-Trumpette baby socks (the ONLY ones that stayed on her feet)
-Burp rags and bibs (at that age the tiny cute bibs are great as they only gather drool)

:-)
Leandra said…
My microwave bottle sterilizer saved my life. It makes it so easy to sterilize bottles.

They'll give you this at the hospital, but guard the nose-sucker bulb with your life. The ones you buy in the store DO NOT COMPARE.
Candycane said…
Congratulations by the way - sorry I haven't said sooner!

Sal x
grace said…
The two things that have saved my life have been the swing and the caddy that turns the bucket car seat into a stroller. Emil is so heavy, carrying him in stores and stuff is a no-go, and he adamantly refuses to be worn, so having such an easy stroller option has been great.
laniza said…
Hands down--diaper genie. Worth its weight in gold.
V said…
I actually have those mittens (only 1 pair) and can attest that they do NOT stay on properly. I don't know if it was user error but I had a better time with the regular ones, even though they would sometimes slide off. If you want, I can mail you the mittens I have from Guava kids or whatever the brand is - my baby girl literally wore them 2x, I was over it. So, if you want them, they're yours!
I would also say for a must have for us are the Simba Baby Safety Nail Cutters on amazon. Seriously, I've never cut or nicked my baby girl - these are so easy to use and WAY easier than regular nail clippers. Please get in touch with me if you'd like the Guavakids mittens.