Week 18 and 19

Week 18


From the week of  October 2nd

How far along: 18 weeks

How big is baby: Sweet potato

Total weight gain: +5.2

Best moment of the week:  My birthday! My dad and step mom and gram came on my actual birthday and we had lunch and sat around and chatted for hours. 

Food cravings: None. Food is still a battle. 

Symptoms: Headaches. Redux. 

Gender: Don't know yet. I'm guessing boy. Dave guesses girl. 

What I’m looking forward to: Next week we find out thr gender and we are having a gender reveal/birthday party. Well it's a birthday party but we are using it as a chance to tell everyone since we will be all together. 

What I miss: Wearing my fitted waist dresses. 

Next appt: Second week of October NEXT WEEK

Husband perspective: It's amazing how baby has hijacked Hillary's body. Foods, smells, sleep, body, and on. Things that were once go-to favorites are now off limits today and back in favor tomorrow. We are excited to integrate baby into the family and talk at length about where we will go, what we will do, and how baby might react. We are excited for the anatomy sonogram next week and finding out what pronouns we should be using. It's getting hard to talk about baby as "it" and "they" and "bean." We are planning the reveal and looking forward to surprising people at once. 

Photo from week 18


Week 19 



From the week of  October 9th

How far along: 19 weeks

How big is baby: Mango

Total weight gain: unsure this week. probably less than half a lb.I am going to really try to write it down!

Best moment of the week:Finding out if we were having a boy or a girl. I was happy either way but I always pictured us with little girl then a little boy a little later. Dave let out a little squeal when we heard. The tech said "want to know what flavor?"

Food cravings: None. Still an issue. womp womp.

Symptoms: Headaches. Redux. 

Gender: It's girl! We found out this week.

What I’m looking forward to: Thinking of the baby in more real terms. I have yet to still 100% believe this is happening. Knowing it is a little girl I think might help make it more real to me.

What I miss: Being able to eat without an issue. OY VEY.

Next appt: Next week. 

Photo from week 19



Comments