Week 16

From the week of September 18th on.

How far along: 16 weeks

How big is baby: An avocado

Total weight gain: +4 (yes DOWN from last week. I tell you it JUMPS through out the day) Ok so I don't know how accurate this all is because at my appointment this week my doctor said that my weight was exactly the same as it was at 12 weeks. So this was according to the home scale last night vs. the weight I wrote down on the day I found out I was pregnant about 12 weeks ago. I'm just gonna go off that and not doctors which is a month in between.

Best moment of the week: Finding out we could find out the gender soon and planning a party. Before you roll your eyes... It will also be my birthday so we are just having people over for my birthday AND we will all happen to find out what IT is. My grandmother is DRIVING ME CRAZY about it. Despite me telling her no joke 15 times I couldn't find out until almost half way she asks me every time we talk. (we talk almost daily) she thinks I have a home ultrasound machine and can just check.

Food cravings: Still hate food. BUT I have been wanting the Starbucks Salted Caramel Chocolate cake pops. But I always love me a cake pop, they just happen to be the newest flavor. It's perfect size I can't really finish even a cupcake on my own before I pass it off. This week I couldn't finish half a piece of pie before pawning it off on my MIL.

Symptoms: Headaches still.

Gender: Don't know yet.

What I’m looking forward to: Cooler temps coming in. Being pregnant in summer to me personally BLOWS. I don't like to sweat. Stupid sentence but I despise it and all these maternity things have synthetic fibers in them which I am no longer used to.

What I miss: A waist line. Pants that button and zip and don't feel like they are going to fall down all day.

Next appt: I had one this week! 16 week checkup. All good. My doctor is so insanely chill. Too chill. I think he should be on Sesame Street.

Husband perspective: The whole process is so surreal. I know that we're having a baby but somehow I don't believe it yet. In my mind Hillary and I are still 17 and in no way mature enough to be parents. I'm nervous but excited and can't wait for our first ultrasound where baby looks like a baby and then finding out the gender. I'm looking forward to getting our house and lives ready for the new addition and planning all of baby's firsts.


Untitled

OK to illustrate the weight jumping. On the LEFT is Wednesday. The day I thought I had "Popped" because HELLO look at that. Then on the RIGHT is Thursday. ummm... More normal looking (lets be honest I NEVER had a flat stomach) I can leave in the morning in an outfit that fits fine and by the time I get home it doesn't fit but will again the next morning.

Comments

freeda said…
I know you feel all wonky but soon you will have a proper bump that stays put a bit. :)

When's the due date? I suck at math.
Bridgett said…
aww I thought this might be the gender reveal post. I am anxious to hear all about your party and your thoughts on having a little girl! And can't wait to see some purchases or projects for the baby!
Bridgett said…
Aww I was hoping this was the gender reveal post! I am anxious to hear all about your party and your thoughts on having a little girl! And to see all your purchases and projects!

(Sorry if this comment comes through more than once)
byhillary said…
march 5/6th. Luckily this is almost a month ago now :)