Week 14

I hadn't decided if I was going to post these at all. But here they are from since when we announced.I have three of them in the que. I'll put a date range on it so it make sense.

This first one is from the week of September 4th on. (Also when we announced)

How far along: 14 weeks.

How big is baby: Lemon

Total weight gain: +4? Not sure. Been bad about that.

Best moment of the week: Pedicures with my SIL before her wedding. Despite knowing each other 16 years we have had very little alone time together, always lived in different parts of the country all these years. It was nice. She is so alarmingly calm and honest it is nice to just vent to her and hear the perspective of some one who can look at things like that.

Food cravings: None. Not a one. Still dislike food. Once in awhile I want salty McDonald's french fries but I wouldn't call that a pregnancy craving because if it was I have had pregnancy cravings for almost 34 years. It is a headache soother to me.

Symptoms: GD Migraines. I had a terrible one at the wedding. BAD. Lying on bathroom floor during dinner bad. GAH.

Gender: Dunno. 6 weeks until we find out. I am guessing boy, Dave guesses girl. My mom WANTS a girl and my dad WANTS a boy both for their own selfish and hilarious reasons. My mom wants to make tutus and frilly dresses, my dad wants someone to leave his "toys" to in his will. Oh he SAID THAT. No way jose. Last thing I need is a house full of guns, ammo, ATVs, tools and leather. oy. Everyone else has expressed no guesses or desires. Well gram keeps asking am I sure there is only one.

What I’m looking forward to: Being excited. I still am a ball of worry all the time. I haven't actually let myself be happy and excited. (But recent tragedies haven't helped me any)

What I miss: Having the option of Ambien. Should I admit that? I have insomnia. On rough nights now I just have to beg myself to please please fall asleep.

Next appt: 3rd week of September

Husband perspective: I am happy and super excited but there are definitely times when it doesn’t seem “real.” The absurdity of being pregnant (people making people, really?), the fact that I will be a dad, the fact that we will have a tiny person that moves and thinks and (eventually) talks. All this, and more, just doesn’t seem real yet; but, I do like the idea of having a mini us.
People keep saying, “life will never be the same,” “everything changes,” etc. and I know I haven’t lived it yet, but I can’t help but think “no duh.” For years we have talked and thought about us plus kids and what things will stay the same and what things will change. We don’t want to lose ourselves in the process but we both plan to get totally caught up in having a kid. Trips to museums, swimming, holidays, exposure to art, orchards, etc. We crave seeing the reaction to all those “firsts,” never to be had again. We are not going into this like we are putting ourselves on hold. We are approaching it like the best choose-your-own adventure ever.

Belly bump from week 14.

Not sucking it in. :p

Comments

LAPT said…
You are so. freakin. adorable.
HollyElise said…
So cute. And I second the "no duh" reaction to people saying "your life will never be the same"!!!
That is *exactly* how we felt when I was pregnant with Miss Boo. Like, we WANTED this, we know!!
Lorena said…
Awwwww i loved reading this, i can only imagine you have so much stuff going on in your head - i am sure you guys will make a little gal/guy very happy and give him/her a beautiful family.
Megan G said…
Wanted to say another big congrats. It is a life changing thing, but life changes do not have to be bad. I'm sure you'll be great parents to boy or girl or both, such as it is.

Lots of luck and well wishing for your next appointment. Hope the side-effects calm down enough, migraines are never fun, but even worse when you can't treat them.
byhillary said…
I don't know if it was clear that the life changing bit was written by Dave.
Bridgett said…
I'm glad you're posting these. Where do you get the questions? Maybe I'll start doing them too. If you're interested, our baby/preggo blog is insertcoinforplayer3.blogspot.com

I feel the same way with cravings. I have them butbalways have.

Thought Dave's part was really cute.
byhillary said…
Bridgett I ganked them then added the husband bit. I'll go check it out.