Last weekend.

Last weekend we went to run a few errands and to wander around. When we left the house it was POURING but bright out. Hair in ponytail, bright lipstick, scarf and sunglasses instant sunshine!
 

Ulta was our first stop.


I went to find a new liquid liner and discovered they had toothpaste there! I had no idea. We needed some so I thought I'd try 3-d white. I had just asked my friends on Facebook for a tooth whitening suggestion because the only ones I have used have always cause a lot of sensitivity. I thought what the hell I will try this. Worst case scenario it doesn't work but cleans my teeth. I had previously tried Optic White by another company and it cleaned them but it didn't whiten them at all. This stuff? AMAZING. I wish had taken a before. No joke after one use they were noticeably whiter. I was totally impressed. It had a total money back guarentee so there was no harm trying. It claims 14 days for total results but dude one week in I am a convert.

I had contacted L'Oreal recently about their cruelty free status. I was satisfied with their answer so I got this liner I'd heard others loved. Good liquid liner is hard to find.

 
Not bad eh? I got it in brown because I worry black is too harsh on my already small eyes. I smile and they disappear.
The blush I admit totally sucked me in. I love blendable blushes and this one was in the peachy family. It claims to make you happy with some magic mojo it has in it. I don't know about that but it is a great color and I like how it looks on my skin tone.
 
 
Nice color right?
 


The pink polish I used to try out a leopard design I had been thinking about using tooth picks, greypurplebrown and pink gold.


It was way too tedious. So I just did one nail.



I also got this sweater for $10 at Gap. The yellow part is actually highlighter yellowy. The boxy shape does not translate in a static photo. In person I think it looks much better. I got a few comments on it at work so I think its safe to say the dreaded "I swear it looks better in person"


I liked my arm party that day too. I wish I had taken a picture of my neon pink ring too.


Since people told me they like clothing photos, reviews and food photos I thought I'd make this a way too long post and add last Sunday's dinner as well!


Ham, tiny potatoes, leeks, beans, grilled corn bread. Dave was sick so it was all his comfort foods in one. It was delicious. I didn't even come close to finishing this plate though. Oy.
 

Comments

samantha ramage said…
la la love the leopard nail! you nailed it ;)

xo
sami
Unknown said…
The L'Oreal liner you got is my very favorite. I have it in black and like it more than my high end ones even.

The tiny potatoes are adorable and look delicious. I have never seen such small potatoes!
Robin said…
Lookin' good! LOVE the bright lipstick!
EvaNadine said…
i may have just eaten a yummy breakfast, but now im hungry all over again after seeing your dinner photo. yummy!
I BLEED PINK said…
What color is your lipstick, is so pretty. Love your nails, they are so much fun!
byhillary said…
Nars Schiap. There are others out there that are the total dupe for the color but this is the only matte one I can find.
Robin said…
You ROCK that bright lipstick! It looks like it could be one of those "neutral brights" that works on everyone.

I'm curious as to what Loreal said in regards to their cruelty-free status. I've been bummed not using any of their products.
Robin said…
You ROCK that bright lipstick! It looks like it could be one of those "neutral brights" that works on everyone.

I'm curious as to what Loreal said in regards to their cruelty-free status. I've been bummed not using any of their products.
byhillary said…
If you ever wonder about a company hit up their Facebook. They almost always reply I find.
byhillary said…
Hit enter too fast. I posted their reply on my Facebook. Everyone has to choose for themselves though.
Robin said…
Ah, just saw it on Facebook! Thank you so much for posting it!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh, you look absolutely ravishing in those funky cat-eye sunnies, Hillary!
Lorena said…
I dig them all: lipstick, eyes, sunglasses and the animal print nail.
I can only imagine it took forever to make one - it rocks.