Wednesday Jan 25th 2012

On Wednesday I knew I was going to be out of the house from 7am to 10pm (which to some of you is totally normal. I have a 8-4 job that will NEVER have over time. I am in PJs by 6pm daily) I had to dress for going from work to walking for 4 hours to a author talk at Symphony Hall. (you never know what the heating is like in those old places, especially on the balcony. Surprisingly it was very comfortable)



Sweater $3 Old Navy. It is a smoky grey with a bit of purpleish tinge. I paired a purple scarf with it once I left the house and was freezing.
Jeans Seven for all Mankind
Sparkly blue Dansko
Shirt Target




View from our seats. We saw Michael Pollan speak. A friend has two tickets and at the last minute couldn't go and offered them to us. I hadn't read any of his books. Mostly because I just read trash and the other reason is I am an asshole sometimes. I don't want to read or see something that might pop my bubble. I know. Lame. I didn't want to be scared off by a food (that said I am not ignorant to any of it and eat very well. I just talk a good game.Want vs. actual consumption is pretty damn high for me) I don't know why I thought I would be scared of the books, I am the same asshole who left "Supersize Me" wanting fries. My husband was HORRIFIED.
Actually if I see Morgan Spurlock or someone mentions the movie I want fries. Kinda defeats the purpose of the film I think.



Have you read any of Pollan's books?
His talk was fantastic. I picked up a couple from the library the next day. I really liked his speech. He wasn't even in the slightest bit preachy, he laid out facts and was humorous with it.

Comments

I read the Omnivore's Dilemma and really liked it, it too wasn't preachy, didn't make me feel bad for eating meat. Would love to see him speak!
Lorena said…
I have not read his books - because like you I really cannot have my bubble messed with.
I absolutely love your hair :) It looks spectacular.
Cara said…
My sister and broth-in-law pretty much worship Pollan... Glad to hear he's not just some random freak!
Megan G said…
I wanted a burger after Super Size Me so bad. I am thankful my wellness class is over because it made me so hyper aware of what I was eating. Although admittedly, I'm pretending to be a good eater and drinking a Naked juice, but I am totally planning on McD's and a Dunkin' strawberry donut in the next hour. :3

I'm like you and tend to read "candy" books. I read things that let my brain rest. However, I think it's really cool you got to go see the speech. The venue is gorgeous. I'm rather open minded to hearing new ideas, whether I absorb them as my own opinion is a whole other matter.

Also I love your hair so much. It's so long, dark, and shiny.
Lisa said…
I have read a lot of Michael Pollan's books and I've always enjoyed them. I'd love to hear him speak. He comes across as a cool guy in the interviews/documentaries I've seen him in.

p.s. Your hair looks super awesome.
byhillary said…
thank you everyone. Indoors my hair is so dark but in the sun it is a deep dark red. I have been using a new blowdryer that makes it so shiny!