Pinterest VS. Reality Volume 2

For Volume 2 of Pinterest VS reality I present Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese.

The original inspiration photo (not mine. PLEASE DO NOT PIN. It will credit it with my name and it is not my photo)



Again we had to adapt it to gluten free. Lets be honest even the best GF bread is never going to taste like real bread. It just doesn't react the same when you cook and grill it.  That said UDI'S is amazing! Which is what we used for ours.

My version


Since neither of us eat mayonnaise we started with a BBQ base and added spice to it. It was phenomenal. It needs more spice next time. I think we were both gun shy because neither us have ever truly had "buffalo" style anything. I only recently learned I LOVE spicy food.













Not too shabby huh? Next time we will buy some bleu cheese dressing to dip it in and kick up the spice but other than that this is a keeper. We used ranch last night because that was what we had.

Why so many substitutions in these recipes? Honestly I turned to Pinterest to figure out what was for dinner so we didn't have to go to the store the past few nights so these were all me searching for ingredients I had on hand on there. If you want too see what I am pinning and possible upcoming post pins check my food board out here.

Have you made anything on Pinterest? How did it come out?

Comments

Unknown said…
This came out really good looking, too! I think even closer to the original picture (your bread is a little darker, but I personally like things a little more crispy)

I still have not gone over to the Pinterest world. It's part fear of addiction and part because I know my boss's wife is on there and wanted me to join and I'm trying to keep my work and home life separated.
byhillary said…
Use a fake name. I keep work away as well
Megan G said…
Mmm yum. I have recently fallen in love with spicy food too. It's like all my tastes buds did a 180 when I hit my 20s. I made these: http://pinterest.com/pin/35888128250402127/ and while it wasn't quite a "recipe" it was a good alternative to baked potatoes and they all got eaten.
Dave77459 said…
Yours looks fantastic, again. I don't want to call you a liar, but it astounds me that you haven't had Buffalo ______. I think it is Chili's that has a Buffalo Chicken Salad that is great... chicken breasts cooked Buffalo-style and cut into strips to lay on a salad. Adds a lot of zing.

We made a shredded Buffalo Chicken something for a party recently. The great thing is that it was super easy and made in a crock pot while we slept. We served it as sliders, and last night had it as a pizza topping. The recipe used Frank's Hot Sauce, and in the vast quantities required tasted super salty.

And oh yeah, bleu cheese pairs so well with Buffalo _____. Some people use Ranch, but those Ranch lovers are just lame. ;-)
hillary said…
well the reason why is two fold. I didn' like spicy until recenetly so I never tried that stuff. And that stuff is never GF so I avoid it. I also don't eat meat on bones so I don't do wings or something. We don't have a chili's here. :(

we make shredded bbq chicken then use leftovers on pizza!
Wow. This sounds amazing. I love grilled sandwiches and anything with buffalo chicken is a plus! I actually bad buffalo chicken meatballs for dinner last night.
I may have to pin this recipe myself to try.
I haven't yet made anything I've pinned, but I have pinned things I've made....if that makes sense.
Lorena said…
It looks quite good to be honest.
AND no, I have done done anything inspired by interest... yet.
I look forward to though.
Emerie said…
I pretty much substitute ranch dressing for everything that calls for mayo, this included. My go to has shredded chicken, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and shredded monterey jack cheese with bleu cheese crumbles. With more ranch to dip in. ^_^
This sandwich looks delicious! I'm also a big spicy food fan, so I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for using our bread! (Note: I pinned this on our Udi's Gluten Free Pinterest account).
This sandwich looks delicious! I'm also a huge fan of spicy foods, so I will have to try this out. Thanks for using our bread! (Note: I pinned this on our Udi's Gluten Free Pinterest account).
Unknown said…
This looks great, Hillary. I make stuff from Pinterest all the time. Last night I made a philly cheesesteak casserole that I found on there, and just changed the seasonings a little, because some people said it was bland in the comments.
test it comm said…
Your version of the buffalo chicken grilled cheese looks great!