Had my ears lowered

On Saturday I chopped about 8 inches off my hair. I didn't measure before but I know where it was and where it is now. (everything is clickable today! Go me!)

Last week curled and straight and immediately upon leaving salon. It was fried. I used to have lots of blonde highlights and as they grew out the ends were hay from all the bleach. I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I got it caught in EVERYTHING and EVERYONE was always pulling it. It hurt. I was also sick of spending over and hour a day into it between washing, drying and styling. I had never had long hair before this. I can now say I have done it.

This was what I brought in to show her what I was thinking.

It was really dark in the house this morning but I loved what I was wearing.

Dress. OLD Loft. I've had it maybe 7 or 8 year? Blazer even older American Eagle. I have never worn it though. Turtleneck and leggins Target. Earrings from my dad.

I am wearing the Dansko Rylan Boot and they are on sale on Amazon for $177. Which is still insane for boots but Dansko doesn't go on sale often, they are comfortable as hell and you will have them forever.

















I've had the bag 3 or 4 years. It was L.A.M.B from Nordstrom Rack. The boots as I said are Dansko and Santa brought them.

I did more Naked palette colors today.





















Back in December I asked for some advice on Twitter. I had a lot of money left in my medical reimbursment account. If I don't spend it by Dec 31st I lose it all and it is my money! (the past 6 years we always spent the whole amount long before the end of the year. This was unheard of. ) With the new laws you can't just stock up on OTC stuff like the past. Plus I didn't need over $500 worth! I had just got new glasses and Dave didn't want any so I went with the next most expensive thing I could think of rx sunglasses! I went a bit over the top.




















I love them. I don't care if no one else does. (although people seem to adore them) PLUS I CAN SEE OUTSIDE IN THE SUN! My squint lines are OOC so this is a nice change!

How have you been? Our couch we ordered almost 4 months ago came today! Daisy and I are currently breaking it in as I type!

Comments

Kasmira said…
The sunnies are SWEET!
byhillary said…
thanks dude!
Unknown said…
Omg, those glasses are absolutely amazing on you. Perfect pick! Love your hair, too. Though I'm still not ready to give up on mine, I can totally relate to getting in stuck in everything/pulled by everyone. Mine gets caught in my armpits a lot :X
byhillary said…
Mine did too! So frustrating!
Unknown said…
the cut is AMAZING!
Robin said…
Pretty haircut, and I also love your polka-dot dress outfit. I think you have also sold me on the Urban Decay Naked palette. Me wantee.
GiddyUpGirlz said…
Those sunnies are perfection on you! I couldn't pull them off. Love your new doo!
Red said…
Those sunglasses are far beyond amazing and well into UTTERLY %^#@!!! AWESOME land. :-) GREAT choice. They completely suit you--you have a face just made for beautiful cateyes. (I imagine Waffle approves...)

Love the haircut, too. I got mine cut way shorter than that recently, and it was almost longer than yours, I think. It was driving me nutz too. I don't know how women with hair-past-the-butt manage...though I notice that they put it up a LOT. lol
byhillary said…
It is just a constant battle with it.eh? Miss the look don't miss the work and pain!
Lorena said…
I like your new hair :)
and the sunglasses are spectacular.
I bought me a pair of sunglasses for myself as a Christmas present.
I still have´t got them :( they are oversized and I am just hoping they look as good on me as yours looks on you.
rlutz said…
You shorter/darker hair looks fabulous!! Love the shape of the sunglasses!!
byhillary said…
I can't wait to see!
LAPT said…
I LOVE the haircut! I'm actually thinking of doing the same thing. My hair get so flat in the winter and the curls aren't as bouncy....and my hair has gotten SO LONG this past year. I'm thinking of getting lots of layers around my face and bringing up the length about 4 inches...
byhillary said…
thanks everyone! I didn't go darker with the color. I just added red but it has washed out a lot already. This was the first day. I only did a wash out because I wasn't sure what i wanted to do. I think I might go back to my normal color I always go back to since 1996. this one.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3338/3444769386_ceef3b77ea_b.jpg