A Merry homemade Christmas

Parts of my Christmas were amazing. Some were not. It is always too bad when that one bad apple can spoil a whole wonderful pie. But can only control yourself right?

We had a very homemade Christmas this year and it was awesome. My mom made us a quilt.

My father in law made us a cork board with corks they have collected for NINE YEARS! So it is a super fancy cork board that takes long to cure. Like a good wine eh?

My dad made me an ipad case and a desk! The top of the desk was in my great uncles house when he moved in. It was built in and didn't have a bade. So my dad built the bottom to it and put in a drawer and the chair was found in another family members barn and is over 100 years old. My gram is going to make a cushion for it.

My sister in law made me a pretty glass bead bracelet that I can't seem to take off! It goes with everything.

Dave's mom made him a landscape painting that was sewn and painted fabric! How neat is that?

Gram called up Dave's parents and got pictures of him and made us this little collage. She also made us some of those hangy towels. I love these because the cats can't pull them down.

And my favorite present of all. Dave cross stitched me a sampler! He even made the frame. He found a pattern online and adapted it because according to him it had some mistakes and he wanted the cats to match ours . (even waffle's white nose splotch!)

I wrote and posted this all from my iphone so I hope it all looks OK. I don't have a computer up here so let me know if it looks odd. Hope you all had a great holiday whatever you celebrate.

xoxo

Comments

Shanna Sandmoen said…
I love how your family all made the presents instead of buying each other crap. How neat!
Louis said…
The iPad case your dad made you is really cool! :)
Unknown said…
Happy Christmas! I love that cork board, awesomely creative. The cross-stitch is definitely my favorite, though. Funny and so true. My dog was like that when he was a baby, he always was puking in my sneakers (and always on a day I had gym class)
Megan G said…
What super cool gifts. That quilt is incredible, the cork board is really inspired. Sounds like an awesome Christmas. Sorry about the bad stuff. I think that's just the holidays.
Teresa Kulupka said…
my mom made me that EXACT same sampler about kitty puke. i laughed so hard i cried when i opened it. i love it.

what's a bade for a desk?
byhillary said…
Teresa. Base. Typed post on iPhone. Doh.
Lorena said…
Merry Christmas !!!! your sampler is so cute. Yep kitties do puke on lovely things, just like dogs. Marshmallow and I had a conversation this morning about her puking...
Boutique Girl said…
What gorgeous and personal gifts.
Red said…
I love every one of those presents and best of all, they were handmade with love. You have a very dear family.

Of course my favorite is the sampler. I am sick and when I saw it I laughed so hard I had a coughey sneezy fit and both the cats on the bed with me gave me worried looks. ;-)
tina said…
Homemade Christmas is a nice idea!! That requires much more thought and creativity rather than using a credit card!
Andie said…
I love the quilt and the corkboard! I love the homemade christmas idea. it's so much more meaningful than just grabbing something random!

I may have to adopt this next year! :)
Jessica said…
Those are some amazing gifts! My family would never do anything like that. I'm envious. Hope you had a great Christmas!