Gifts for the ladies

My gift giving philosophy definitely varies from person to person but I like to give small luxury items that I know someone would love and never buy for themselves. I can't afford to give my large extended family and friends all big gifts so this works well for most people. Well it works best for the ladies. And that is who I am talking about today. Have you ever heard of Cath Kidston? I hadn't. I was reading my googlereader this morning and some website was all excited Kidston were going to be selling in the US online now. I had to check it out because I liked the article imagery. BOY WAS I SURPRISED! I loved everything. It is all uber-feminine bright colored fun. I had revolted against all things I deemed as too girly for much of my teens and 20's. I thought it made me uncool and unhip. Now in my mid 30's I look at Laura Ashely home prints and swoon. Dude I kinda love those cabbage roses. I still don't want to wear them but I dig surrounding myself with them. I love the tiny cabin in the woods where you only read books and drink tea all day, feel to them. I put together a collage of my favorite things on the site all under $30 which I think would make great presents for a girlfriend or mom or sister in you life. (Heather advert your gaze!)

girl gift ideas





Click the small image to visit the item in the store. I get NO kickbacks, NO ad revenue, the store doesn't know I am writing this nothing. (sad you have to say that now a days.) But dude I just loved the stuff and I am all about sharing great finds. Why keep it a secret? Share!

Some of my thinking on what I chose...
*Thermos. Dude in this age of saving money and not going to *$ everyday why not bring your own... in style! I want!
*Mug to drink that coffee once you get to work.
*The three small clip coin purses? $7 each, I just wanted to show they have lots of options! Raise your hand if you have a pile full of change in the bottom of your purse because your cute wallet doesn't actual have a spot for change? Oh just me? Or you could get one to put in your car with your quarters for parking or for laundry quarters! (Dude I need three for those three things :) Actually we have a tin that says "ginger spice" on it with our laundry quarters in it. I got it like 9 years ago at Trader Joes because I thought it was hilarious. Also 2nd favorite spice girl. She was my fave until I realized my love went to Victoria)
*Wash case or makeup cases. I am like a vagrant when I pack. Things end up in Ziploc bags. (and I am not talking about on a plane, but even car travel which I do OFTEN)  I want a proper travel case that is big enough to fit more than 2 lipsticks in it. The wash case is bigger than the makeup one. (I need to find a proper manly one too. Dave right now packs in my stuff and then complains I didn't bring his right cream or face wash. (poor thing has DH. Tactile celiac.) I use whatever I can grab or have samples too he need to use specific stuff I don't usually touch because it is expensive. Lets be honest too he is better at taking care of his skin than I am. He flosses daily! what?!)
*Gadget cases. They say it is perfect for a small camera. I though it would be great for a phone too and a few cards! I have a clip on the inside of my purse I would attach this to and keep my phone in it for easy access.
*Large clip lock purses. I love the idea of keeping all my purse "needs" in it. Pills, things you want private etc. It would double for a cute clutch for a night out.
*Owl earrings. Oh come on they are cute.

Was that helpful? Would you be interested in more verbose schizophrenic gift ideas?

Comments

Michelle said…
i've never heard of cath kidston either - it kinda reminds me of vera bradley. it's funny, i'm a bit opposite of you - growing up my mom was obsessed with laura ashley and our whole home and my sister and i were covered in the stuff 24/7 so it's a bit tough for me to embrace florals. i'm working on it though :)
Unknown said…
I love the blue floral makeup case. I actually have something Cath Kidston, it's a cook book that I bought myself years ago (I don't even see cook books on the site now) I love it to pieces, though, the insets in it are adorable and I have collected tons of recipes over the years (things I like to make I write on the cards and things I want to try I slip printouts into the "holders") Anyway, I just wanted to second your choices as I think it's a great brand :)
byhillary said…
Michelle. My mom was a total glam hippie as was our house. Still is. You can proably see it seep into me at times.
Mary said…
WHAT THE WHAT. I was obsessed with Cath Kidston when I lived in London and am super psyched to hear they're finally selling in the US! I got a pair of teal polka dot sneakers there that I will wear until the day they literally fall apart on my feet. Yay! Best news ever!
Megan G said…
I'm in love with the little star change purse! So cute. I always love when people do "picks" (Well except now I'm on a ban and can't shop, but it is still fun to oogle!)
tina said…
Have been a fan of Cath Kidstron since my visit to the UK several years ago. They sell online but the shipping has always been crazy expensive.