October in pictures.

Some of the things we have been up to the past few weeks.

Photo Oct 12, 7 33 57 PM
Evan

One of my presents was tickets to the Lemonheads. If you are a fan you probably read some VERY bad press lately. I will say I think we really lucked out. Evan was obviously having voice issues but he put on a good show. When he wasn't singing with the band and went acoustic I think he did better. Didn't feel the need to hit the high notes. He obviously has relapsed. It breaks my 33 and 14 year old heart. He has always been my #1 rock star love and I hope it will remain that way. I actually told Dave going into it that if he seemed bad I was going to leave because I didn't know if I could handle it. I want to keep my image of him. I have been a fan for 20 years. Huge lemonheads fan. HUGE. My image of Mike Doughty has been sullied over the years and it has been hard honestly. Sometimes you just need to NOT know about them. Keep that separation. I still love Mike the musician but the man has been a bit different. (After he went off on me on Facebook when I commented on his page with something I thought was a compliment. He didn't take it that way and continued to come to my page and go off and wouldn't take my honest apology. I really thought what I said was a compliment and I hold to that)

Make this. You won't regret it. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/tastes-like-lasagna-soup-recipe/index.html

Made amazing lasagna soup. You should try it. Find it here.

Mini quiche made in mini cupcake maker

Got a tiny cupcake maker from Target on clearance for $13 and I have been inventing tiny foods in it. This is egg, tater tot, spinach and cheese. and tiny taco bites.

Tiny taco bites made in mini cupcake maker Watching Netflix on the porch

Spent time on the porch watching Netflix.

I wasn't fast enough with the camera. Someone was napping in the porch with her hand over her face.

Waffle likes the porch. That is not her bed. It is for Daisyboo who is a petite cat.

Coconut cashew gluten free waffles.

Had coconut pecan waffles.

Yes he is carrying her around on a pillow. That's the only way daisyboo will let you hold her. Knock it off you little jerk. The party isn't over yet

She decided when it was time to take the decorations down.

Daisyboo
Where I spent the afternoon.

This is where I spent my afternoon yesterday. It was perfect. Dave was studying inside. I read a book on the glider on the porch. It was warm in the sun with a cool breeze. Perfect afternoon. Then we went grocery shopping and Dave made an amazing dinner.

Chicken noodle soup with almonds, carrot and lemon

Last night's dinner. Chicken noodle soup with almonds, carrot and lemon.

From @jamieoliver warm salad of roasted squash prosciutto and pecorino

 From a Jamie Oliver book, warm salad of roasted squash, prosciutto and pecorino. (Daisyboo was named after one of his daughters. Big Naked Chef fans in our house. No he isn't naked. It describes his way of cooking.)
Shame no one in this house likes ginger

While at Whole Paychecks we stocked up on ginger based foods too aparently. Too bad no one likes ginger. ( OK yeah we do) I really hadn't intended on buying three kinds of cookies. Two were for Dave. The ginger-o's were for me. But I am the same person who took 6 days to eat a box of 6 chocolates I got for my birthday.

Decisions decisions Birthday prizes.

The chocolates were from Dave along with this stuff, concert tickets and a makeup mirror which he made me help pick out. It lights up! I LOVE IT. Oh and some morbid the merrier stuff. Not pictured.

<3

One last kitten picture to end it on a perfect note. I wish her sister liked to cuddle like she does.

How was your weekend? And your week last week?

Comments

Lonestarcasie said…
Unfortunately because I am hungry, it was kind of like all I saw was a picture of bacon and the word "tater tot" mmmmmmm.......

www.stylinggame.blogspot.com
I'm glad you had a decent show with Evan and the band. I feel the same way you do, sometimes you want to leave a band to your happy high school memories and don't see them angry, balding, off the wagon, etc.

I now desperately want an egg, tater tot, spinach and cheese mini somethingorother. YUM!
Megan G said…
Food, kitties, and happiness! Sounds like lots of good times.

My weekend was okay for the most part. I spent time cuddling my mom's kitties, eating homemade food and being generally busy.

I'm kind of tearing my hair out over school stuff, but it's like this every semester. I'm so ready to be done with it.
Unknown said…
Love your mini foodstuffs. I have so many kitchen gadgets, but I don't get all that creative. It would help if Matt liked my cooking, but I don't think he does. He's a mama's boy when it comes to food (I am allowed to bake)
Erin said…
Awwww, happy birthday! It sounds like you had the perfect weekend. Good for you :)

Also? I literally LOL'd at Whole Paychecks! Bwahahaha! And yet, sadly true...
Adrienne said…
Im a dog person but your cats look mighty appealing.