10.19.11

Last weekend I got the new Magnetic Polish from Nails Inc at Sephora. It is stupidly over priced but it is also kinda badass.

 Magnetic polish

It does this neat 3-d thing in person. You know those cards when you move them back and forth and it looks like the image is moving? This does that.

Roasted butternut squash, gf pasta, bacon, percino(?) thanks @marebel623!

On monday night we had left over butternut squash so we had it with gf pasta, bacon and pecorino cheese and Against the Grain bread.(OMG IT IS SO GOOD it is worth every damn penny. I have never found another GF french bread that didn't taste like ass) It is 7 points a serving though so I don't eat a full one often. This was half.

 Gingerbread with pumpkin ice cream

I pass this truck in the city all the time. I finally stopped. I got a half gingerbread with pumpkin ice cream. I couldn't even finish the half. It was mighty tasty.

Fried rice with cashews (hillary made) and fresh Asian noodle salad from @jamieoliver cookbook (Dave made)

Tuesday Dave and I both cooked. We didn't really coordinate too well but it was tasty. He made fresh Asian noodle salad from Jamie Oliver and I winged fried rice with cashews and edamame.
We had been stuck in a rut where we made the same things over and over so we are trying to branch out. Taking pictures helps us remember what we liked.

Who's who?

Bet you can't guess who is who.

6244163112_45518a020e_o 

Shirt H&M 2010
Skirt ESPRIT 2002
Sweater Forever 21 2011
Boots Clarks 2011
Socks Forever 21 2010
 I felt like an undercover superhero. You know the kind that don't hide very well. I even matched up the socks with the sweater. I knew that this sweater could easily go young but I DON'T CARE I LOVE ITLOVEITLOVEIT

6244165378_a2ffdaf350_o  IMG_8811

6253954474_4206d6743f_o

I got one photo of this outfit. I really dug it. I am embarassed to admit I was inspired by an outfit on Forever 21 website. I was looking of this coat and saw how they style it and I thought.. hrmmm...



The look above was a little young and not professional enough for my taste so I tweaked it to make it more me. Long pencil skirt and a nice black blouse. OK so yeah the only thing it inspired I guess is a bold graphic bottom.

How is your week shaping up? What is the weather like there? It is 60's and rain. RAIN. Rain won't stop.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm totally digging the F21 blazer. The bold blue is awesome.

Getting a little tired of the rain. I used to love rain, now I just find it to me another annoyance when I have to drive places.
C said…
Those socks and that sweater = awesomeblossom!

And that nail polish makes my brain hurt. In a good way. :)
Alize said…
I am completely head over heels in love with that grey outfit Hillary! Oh and I tried the earlier mani you had (gold glitter over blue). I love how it turned out but it was four layers and i had too much confidence in Seche Vite - I did it shortly before going to bed last night... so my nails look bumpy today hahaha. Doing a new mani tonight!
EvaNadine said…
magnetic nail polish is now on my christmas list.
how fun!
freeda said…
Against the Grain out of Vermont, right? I met them at a food show and tooooootally agree about the french bread.

I think the stars are cute. I struggle with the "too young" attire too. (She types, wearing purple Ed Hardy shoes...)
byhillary said…
@freeda YUP! The pizza is my fave ever. Also 7 points a slice with no toppings. It taste so good because it is SO BAD!
Casey said…
I love both outfits but the top one is my favorite. I would wear the hell out of that look :)
Lab geek said…
Oh love the polish! I had been pondering if it was worth the price and you answered my question. I also want the matte top coat by nail inc and with the friends and family sale I think a trip to sephora is required (sephora.com/friends).
I also really like the star cardigan! it is so my style :).

This weekend, I am getting my haircut (yay!) and going to a vintage sale.
Kasmira said…
The magnetic polish looks super cool!

And I like the star sweater, too.
Love both of those outfits. It's raining here too and it's making me crazy. I'm getting married on Saturday so I hope it stops!
Megan G said…
Eee! The sweater and the socks are so cute together.
Kasmira said…
I saw the magnetic polish in real life (on one of the folkandfeather.tumblr.com bloggers) last night. So cool!
byhillary said…
Thanks everyone

Suz. OOOH congrats!

the sweater is new so if anyone wants it go snatch it up. It's online too. Its cotton but it is kinda cheap. Don't expect it to last forever I mean.
Boutique Girl said…
Your food looks amazing. We are completely stuck in a rut at the moment and trying to make just one meal for all 3 of us......

I LOVE the star cardi and the leopard skirt. Gorgeous looks!
Lorena said…
I love that star cardi ! in fact so much that I just went over to the F21 site but noticed it had a hoodie, which for me does not work that well :(
However it looks great on you !
My weekend was spent walking the old city we had a glorious sunny Sunday.
byhillary said…
Lorena you must of seen something else mine doesn't have a hood. This is just a straight up cardigan with buttons.
byhillary said…
@lorena

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=sweater_cardigans&ProductID=2000026665&VariantID=