sniff sniff mmmmm

IMG_7662

Damn land octopus. Always creepin. The same rule applies for them as land sharks. If they knock on your door DON'T ANSWER.

IMG_7674
IMG_7675

IMG_7668



Actual items. Shoes, Bag, Perfume

My items Dress vintage gift from friend, Earrings Tous, Necklace store in Halifax, Glasses Ray Ban.

Now I don't own that octopus bracelet but I should, it is magnificent. I wear this dress all the darn time because it is just so easy. I think an octupus would spice it up really. 

I am wearing that Vanilla oil above. I can't tell you how wondeful I smell. I love vanilla. LOVE LOVE. Kiehls was sold out of this for awhile. Others must think it smells as great as I do. I am really into layering oils lately. I used to do it all the time but forgot (like anything good really) My favorite combo right now is lemon and vanilla. Yum. I get most mine on Etsy and craft fairs. I always hit up the oil table.

Comments

I love that dress, and it looks perfect with those shoes.
rlutz said…
I am lusting after those shoes...so fall fabulous!
Unknown said…
Somehow I skipped the octopus in the picture and then when I read your sentence about the land octopus I was like ??? It made it that much funnier when I went back to the picture and saw him sneaking up on you.
hillary said…
figured no one wanted to see neighbor's garbage!
Lonestarcasie said…
I really enjoy how your purse coordinates with the door across the street and the land octopus. I also think those shoes ROCK! You can never go wrong with navy and red. One of my favorite combos.

www.stylinggame.blogspot.com
Lacey R said…
@Cassykins - that is hilarious, I did the exact same thing! haha See Hillary, you are messing with our eyes today.
Megan G said…
Those shoes! The fringe-y bits are so over-the-top-awesome. I remember once in middle school a friend had this amazing vanilla lipgloss that tasted exactly like frosting. I never did find out the brand, but vanilla smells always remind me of that.
Lisa said…
I love this whole outfit, and especially those shoes! I also love the smell of vanilla, but I can't wear it myself, it gives me headaches :(
Those shoes are all kinds of amazing. Yowza!
hillary said…
Lisa it does it to me sometimes too. They have actually proven that link scientifically too. They also proven its a comforting smell. So wild the power of smell.
Unknown said…
Very nice pics Hilary, i love your style - Ariane
lawyerdoll said…
I love the pop of the red bag with the subtle color of those insane shoes... love those shoes! The navy dress is a perfect accompaniant to let the accessories sing!

I posted a comment on my frien's blog about it being set to "private"m and I hope it will get fixed soon.
Carolyn said…
I might be unhealthily obsessed with your bag. The color! The shape! I think it's on my to-buy list.
Mary said…
I've heard SO many people rave about that vanilla oil... whenever I'm baking and have gotten a smidge of vanilla on my hands, I always dab it onto my pulse points and then I smell like cake all day :)
Kristen said…
I saw those shoes at NAS and was tempted. They look fantastic on you! Perfect for your fun style.
C said…
There are lotsa things I love about this post. The outfit is KILLER, the shoes are fabulous, but it's the land octopus that really gets me. Snorting my tea in laughter at the local coffeeshop is always worth it when it comes to land octopi.