Nover Scocher
As you probably noticed I went MIA for almost two weeks. Dave, his entire family and myself spent 9 days journeying around Nova Scotia Canada.

We stayed at a beautiful house outside Halifax in Sambro Head. It was a an action packed week and I now need a vacation to recover! :) 14 hour driving to get there. (12 plus 2 up to NH from MA and of course it took even longer than that) I don't drive so I was passenger but I do now have plans for my SIL to teach me to drive! Dude she is like Zen driving master. I have never seen someone so relaxed behind the wheel but in total control. (She is a pediatrician though so patience comes with the territory?)
Between all us there are hundreds of photos but who really likes looking at other people's vacation photos? (I don't honestly! Not even my own usually.)
Just a few.
We went to see tidal bore. I say skip it. Go see the cliffs and tides in the Bay of Fundy instead. We spent a good hour like this waiting.

But the view while we waited was spectacular. The clouds looked like you could pinch them and take a bite.

The tidal bore itself was rathar boring. (slaps knee)

We also ate at the Wooden Monkey in Halifax. If you are ever in the city GO THERE.

We hit some thrift stores, did some of this...

and hit up a hibachi place! That is my father in law chopping an egg midair.

There was an epic game of Settlers of Catan. By epic I mean I fell asleep with my head leaning on the wall and no one noticed. ha. I love the game though. I was just exhausted. I knew I wasn't going to win playing with an accountant, architect and doctor. I am an only child. I didn't grow up playing games. I BLOW. I've made peace with that. :P

We went on a whale watch in the Bay of Fundy. Did we see whales? Not only did we see one but a humpback whale cuddled up with the boat.

Video.
We started the day off with one layer.

Added another,

and I don't have a picture but I am sure someone does of the next layer. Let say I didn't pack well. I thought it would be much warmer.

The "kids" went to an Arcade Fire concert. (kids!! we are all in our 30s!) They don't look related at all do they?

We went on an amphibious boat tour. Which is a GREAT way to see a water based city.
We did a lot of fun stuff. More than I can type and keep readers! Nova Scotia is a beautiful place. Amazing, majestic and CLEAN. People are insanely nice, accommodating and very allergy friendly. (We had FOUR celiacs in the group.) They ate like kings. Most places were fresh, organic and local food and everything was amazing.

OH and why did no one ever tell me about Butter Tarts????
You Canadians were holding out on me. I am 1/4 French Canadian but I had never had one. It is a better version of pecan pie minus the pecans.

I had this amazing grilled cheese that had an unpronounceable cheese sauce.

(Oh and can I say I LOVED the real sugar soda there. No corn syrup to be had. They ask at the border if you have any guns, drugs or corn syrup)
And now that I am back in my homeland, and the cigarette butt filled street of the good ol' US of A things are back to normal. I even took an outfit photo!

Not sure why but I felt kinda sassy this morning. I blame it on the week of no coffee and lack of sleep. I find myself humorous when I am tired.
Dress Gap 2002?
Shoes Dansko Sissy 2009
Necklace Marc by Marc Jacobs Shop it to Me 2009
Scarf H&M 2010
Ha. I wish I hadn't done these with my phone because it could of been actually funny.





My hair was a snarl ball this morning so I faked a bun and slicked the top.

And how have you all been my lovelies? Catch me up on the pack few weeks!
We stayed at a beautiful house outside Halifax in Sambro Head. It was a an action packed week and I now need a vacation to recover! :) 14 hour driving to get there. (12 plus 2 up to NH from MA and of course it took even longer than that) I don't drive so I was passenger but I do now have plans for my SIL to teach me to drive! Dude she is like Zen driving master. I have never seen someone so relaxed behind the wheel but in total control. (She is a pediatrician though so patience comes with the territory?)
Between all us there are hundreds of photos but who really likes looking at other people's vacation photos? (I don't honestly! Not even my own usually.)
Just a few.
We went to see tidal bore. I say skip it. Go see the cliffs and tides in the Bay of Fundy instead. We spent a good hour like this waiting.
But the view while we waited was spectacular. The clouds looked like you could pinch them and take a bite.
The tidal bore itself was rathar boring. (slaps knee)
We also ate at the Wooden Monkey in Halifax. If you are ever in the city GO THERE.
We hit some thrift stores, did some of this...
and hit up a hibachi place! That is my father in law chopping an egg midair.
There was an epic game of Settlers of Catan. By epic I mean I fell asleep with my head leaning on the wall and no one noticed. ha. I love the game though. I was just exhausted. I knew I wasn't going to win playing with an accountant, architect and doctor. I am an only child. I didn't grow up playing games. I BLOW. I've made peace with that. :P
We went on a whale watch in the Bay of Fundy. Did we see whales? Not only did we see one but a humpback whale cuddled up with the boat.
Video.
We started the day off with one layer.
Added another,
and I don't have a picture but I am sure someone does of the next layer. Let say I didn't pack well. I thought it would be much warmer.
The "kids" went to an Arcade Fire concert. (kids!! we are all in our 30s!) They don't look related at all do they?
We went on an amphibious boat tour. Which is a GREAT way to see a water based city.
We did a lot of fun stuff. More than I can type and keep readers! Nova Scotia is a beautiful place. Amazing, majestic and CLEAN. People are insanely nice, accommodating and very allergy friendly. (We had FOUR celiacs in the group.) They ate like kings. Most places were fresh, organic and local food and everything was amazing.
OH and why did no one ever tell me about Butter Tarts????
You Canadians were holding out on me. I am 1/4 French Canadian but I had never had one. It is a better version of pecan pie minus the pecans.
I had this amazing grilled cheese that had an unpronounceable cheese sauce.
(Oh and can I say I LOVED the real sugar soda there. No corn syrup to be had. They ask at the border if you have any guns, drugs or corn syrup)
And now that I am back in my homeland, and the cigarette butt filled street of the good ol' US of A things are back to normal. I even took an outfit photo!
Not sure why but I felt kinda sassy this morning. I blame it on the week of no coffee and lack of sleep. I find myself humorous when I am tired.
Dress Gap 2002?
Shoes Dansko Sissy 2009
Necklace Marc by Marc Jacobs Shop it to Me 2009
Scarf H&M 2010
Ha. I wish I hadn't done these with my phone because it could of been actually funny.
My hair was a snarl ball this morning so I faked a bun and slicked the top.
And how have you all been my lovelies? Catch me up on the pack few weeks!
Comments
It's been hot and hotter. If it doesn't cool down soon my outfit photos may not contain clothes. Or me. Just a glaring picture of the sun.
I work 1 block from the Wooden Monkey, across from the town clock. So weird!
Hope you enjoyed my little province.
I love the cherry watch - it just completes the whole look!
I don't think you missed much aside from a couple of episodes of Hell's Kitchen and The Challenge : Rivals. No, I don't live by tv...
I really loved your outfit photos today! They rocked!
did i miss what that glitter polish is? i bought some by sally hansen but i made a hot mess out of it.
Glad to have you back!
I feel like an ass saying this. I bought it over 6 months ago before I knew this company wasnt cruelty free. I'm using up what I have and won't repurchase I won't give them the free advertising but if you'd like you can email me. Or I'd gladly reccomend a similar one at any price point that is cruelty free. (today's post I'm wearing f bomb by urban decay)