An outfit and a new Shellac manicure

Camera Roll-2107

When I tried this dress on in the store I tried it on backwards and was confused why it didn't fit right even in a larger size. Then I noticed it is SUPPOSED to be backwards and oooh look at that it fit great. The buttons are supposed to be in the back and they aren't cut to fit the lady lumps. I still feel a bit Kriss Kross though. I love the dress but it is on the border of my comfort level length wise. I don't know why I get so hung up. It LOOKS fine in photos but it FEELS short wearing it. I have on a slip AND tap shorts because of this fear.

Dress Forever 21
Shoes Clarks
Belt Target
Earring H&M

Camera Roll-2112

Please pardon my 6 week old pedicure. We haven't had open toe season here yet. I did some extra nail strips on my toes the beginning of April.
Camera Roll-2114

For makeup I did a lot of pinks.

Camera Roll-2097

Two pink eye shadows from MAC, a burgundy liner from Urban Decay, Rouge Noir mascara from Chanel and DollyMix blush by MAC. Clear gloss on lips.
I got a new Shellac job yesterday. I did Wildfire this time. I did contact them and ask if they were a cruelty free company and they replied that they were. I had waited to do it again until I could answer that question to people who asked. I have a policy where I try to get my nails done in a color or fashion I can't do on my own. So why red? I have such a hard time with red. I can't ever get it nice then it ALWAYS chips in 24 hours no matter what I do. This was 18 hours after I painted them myself.

Camera Roll-2064

I find red so beautiful and since I almost never do them red myself red seemed like the natural choice this time. I certainly have never had red nails for two weeks in a row so this should be fun.

Day 1 Shellac

Day 1 shellac Wildfire

It is $25 dollars here. I get a lot of questions about that. I hear other parts of the country charge significantly more. This might sound weird but don't go to a fancy place. Go to a nice clean not as fancy place. I have the best luck with those places. Fancy manicures NEVER last on me. I don't know why. I have heard many others say the same thing too.

Here is a review of my first experience with Shellac.

Comments

Ooh! The buttons down the back are so cool!
Ooh! The buttons down the back are so cool!
byhillary said…
My desk is sideways so that's all you see all day is my side and thigh. Urg
spygrl1 said…
Those shoes are SOOOO cute! I love that Clarks does prettier styles now -- it seems like in the past (back when I worked at a shoe dept. in a dept. store) they were all really clunky and bland, and now they have cute pink pretty styles! love!

I am on my second day in a row of wearing short skirts to work (not inappropriately short, but nervous short). I feel little gusts of insecurity about it. But my boyfriend pointed out this morning that I sit down at a desk almost all day -- what the heck is anyone going to see? Still ...
byhillary said…
I want a shellac pedicure! oooh imagine. It'd last all summer.
I am loving your pink and navy combos!! It makes me wish I had both those shoes and a cute navy dress. :-) 

I am planning on getting a Shellac done next month when I go to get another pedicure. I noticed they have Shellac now and I think it's...$35? $25? I don't remember. Usually a mani/pedi combo there is $35 without tip. The place I go is not super fancy, but they do an awesome job. They also give the BEST leg and arm massages ever...like 20 minutes of massage. Practically puts me to sleep.
byhillary said…
why a waste for natual? natural is pretty too!
byhillary said…
that is exactly it. Once i sit down the panic kicks in.
byhillary said…
thank you :)
byhillary said…
yes agreed I hate wasting money on something I can do myself. That is why I already try for different or I can't do. Shellac is perfect.
Cara said…
The dress is fabulous! I love the retro feel to it. You have such fabulous retro-feel pieces!
I went for a manicure (a rare thing for me) on Friday. Knowing I chi my nails constantly, I went with a colour very close to my nails. While it felt like a waste of money to get something that natural, it's been four days, and not a single chip. Maybe I can eventually work my way up to red!  
Cyn said…
Ooooh, stars- I love the dress.  I have the same hangups though- it's always when I sit down that I get self conscious.  Now that tights season is pretty much over its worse for me.  I still think the length looks good for you.
I still dig the shellac- the color looks great on your nail length.
dotty said…
ooooh, i like the red!  two weeks of that color sounds pretty good! 

p.s. my stars, that's a pretty dress. :)
Megan Mae said…
Can I say cute times a million? The shoes = cute, the dress = also cute, the earrings = freaking adorable, the Hillary = the cutest!

I hate how some dresses have that 'too short' feeling even if they aren't. I think it's alright on you. It doesn't look too short to me. But we all have points of comfort.

I've only had one manicure ever so I can't compare, but I really want to get Shellac done when I can afford it. I'm terribly hard on my nails to begin with, I can't spend $15 for a paint job that's gonna chip after 5 minutes.
byhillary said…
I don't know WHAT it is honestly. The cheap places use same stuff but very different results.
byhillary said…
hee thanks for noticing!
byhillary said…
He left before me today but he can't be trusted. He LIKES shorter and lower things. on me at least. men! ;)
byhillary said…
weird it ate my reply. I hate chips and redoing so much. I don't LIKE paiting my nails at all. I hate the process but I do like the results.
Lorena said…
Hillary you look fabulous in that dress. I like how it is supposed to look like it is backwards but it's not...
I have had the "it's too short" for work feel and always ask my husband before walking out the door, it kind of gives me a little peace.
Rlutz said…
so glad I am not the only one who has tried on a dress with back button backwards before!! Love how you mimicked that pattern on the great star earrings!!
Sally McGraw said…
I've gotta try shellac. I have such manicure maintenance woes!
Marie said…
Maybe the fancy manicures come with creams that don't set the polish well? don't know, it's been  awhile since I've had any! that dress is fab, the length looks perfect but I sometimes feel as though things are short on me too when no one else agrees. Doesn't make sense as I am tres short.


Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Pretty Face giveaway