Orange

Camera Roll-2167

Vintage Gucci dress (with pockets) It is without a doubt orange. ifone says red, it's a liar.
Boots Clarks
Necklace and cami H&M
Earrings got on honeymoon in Mexico because everyone buys tanzanite in Mexico I think. I believe it is a law.
I got this dress on Etsy 2 years ago. I have complete fit dysmophia. I have no idea what will fit me. I have measurements but I don't apply it correctly to fit. Which is why I don't buy clothes online. I always get it wrong. I got this dress and it was enormous.







We hacked off about 6 inches. (by we I mean I tried it on and said where I wanted it then Dave hemmed it because he would just have to fix the hem job I do. Straight lines and me ARE NOT BUDS) I pinned the front back, ripped out the shoulder pads and fixed the arms. The waist still isn't right. If I wear a belt and pull the fabric to the back I don't have to take it in because that is way beyond my ability.

For makeup I did peach everything. I don't have lip product on here though.

5.25.11 makeup and accessories detail

So in other news... We got the apartment! Talk about jumping through hoops. I had to give my third grade teacher, favorite soda brand and every number associated with my name in the entire life. The whole process wasn't terrible because we had set out what we wanted and didn't even look if it didn't meet our requirements and this was perfect. But the approval process was a bit stressful. I have immactualte credit but you honestly have to have 83924893 people vouch for various aspects of your life. If it was my house I'd probably be worse though honestly. We are moving 2 month ahead of schedule so the time frame is a bit crunched but we can do it. I've done it 17 times before sucessfully. We've just been where we are 7 years so there is a lot of STUFF.

AND it has a KITTEN PORCH

Camera Roll-2079

Completely enclosed with no door to outside so they can play and play and play and have EIGHT (10 but two point inside) windows on the porch alone to fight over. They have 2 in our entire apartment now. They will have 15 total now?

Now to obsess about decorating! Which I've never done in the 14 years I've had my own place. It all has the gram seal of approval. She said after I texted her the pics "Oh I can't wait to stay overnight there" Never happened! EVER! woooo. (gram approval is as elusive as the fountain of youth, which she swam in. seriously. It's in Florida. Who knew!)

Comments

byhillary said…
I hope it is fun and not the stress ball I fear
byhillary said…
you could hear me all day walking around the necklace is SO NOISY
byhillary said…
I can be a space hog too. I fear that already me taking over. ha. luckily my husband is insanely easy going.
byhillary said…
I can be a space hog too. I fear that already me taking over. ha. luckily my husband is insanely easy going.
Julia Debarri said…
Wow, that kitten porch is AMAZING!!! My kitties are a bit jealous but VERY happy for your girls. OMG...Waffle is going to flip her wig! ;-) Huge congratulations to you all. It's going to be so thrilling for you having space!!! I am a huge space pig myself so my heart just flutters with joy for you, seriously. BTW this is my first time commenting here using Facebook...before it was always just 'uh, how do I do this...uh, who am I? urg, Blogger? do I use that name?" etc. Just in case it was apparent and I seemed schizo or something. I shall stick with FB from now on. Good luck with your move, Hillary!
Julia Debarri said…
Wow, that kitten porch is AMAZING!!! My kitties are a bit jealous but VERY happy for your girls. OMG...Waffle is going to flip her wig! ;-) Huge congratulations to you all. It's going to be so thrilling for you having space!!! I am a huge space pig myself so my heart just flutters with joy for you, seriously. BTW this is my first time commenting here using Facebook...before it was always just 'uh, how do I do this...uh, who am I? urg, Blogger? do I use that name?" etc. Just in case it was apparent and I seemed schizo or something. I shall stick with FB from now on. Good luck with your move, Hillary!
That porch looks divine!The kitties won't know what the heck hit them,with all the views they'll have now.

Good luck on moving,I know it's horrible :/  Can't wait to see what decor ideas you come up with.Lots of Hello Kitty,maybe?
byhillary said…
Ha yeah I wouldn't do that to my husband! Sad part is he'd let me. I love hello kitty but not enough to do my house in her. A few(ahem) year ago maybe.
Megan Mae said…
The dress is really cute, especially with the statement necklace. The new place sounds amaaazing. Congrats!
Megan Mae said…
The dress is really cute, especially with the statement necklace. The new place sounds amaaazing. Congrats!
Laniza said…
Congratulations! You have to keep us updated with the decorating process. This could be fun! :)
Laniza said…
Congratulations! You have to keep us updated with the decorating process. This could be fun! :)
Rlutz said…
Congrats on the new place...very exciting!! Love what you did with that amazing color dress!!
Rlutz said…
Congrats on the new place...very exciting!! Love what you did with that amazing color dress!!
byhillary said…
It's a terrible market here now. More people than apts. They get scooped up before you can blink.
Lorena said…
How exciting ! congrats on your new place :) it makes me remember when we applied for our apartment. I could not sleep at night thinking someone else would get it....
byhillary said…
Not at all!
Cassykins said…
Congrats! Is it weird that I'm excited for your kitties and their new porch? 
byhillary said…
you shold see the little drawing he did when I asked for a handrawn layout. ha. You'd so get the mentality.
byhillary said…
yes the process is a nightmare right?
byhillary said…
I can't wait for them to see it!
byhillary said…
Thanks! I haven't had a porch in 20 years I am SO EXCITED
Patreecia said…
That is a gorgeous porch.
D'Rae said…
Love, love, love that dress! It is awesome!

I am so excited for your new apartment, the kitties are gonna have a blast in that porch!
Oh CONGRATULATIONS!  Seriously, I hate moving (I think I've moved nearly as many times as you), but it's still exciting once you get in to a new place.   CONGRATS!!
dotty said…
super congrats on the new place!  and dave's alteration skills are pretty awesome!
byhillary said…
you can tell him from my color theory classes I am still paying off... they are complementary and they are meant to set one another off
Sally McGraw said…
Wahoo! Congrats on the apartment!

And my husband just asked me this morning if teal and orange go together. You are living proof that they do.
byhillary said…
renting. Ton of hoops this time. More than I ever had to do. probably due to bad market. We have only lived where we are now so we are testing out the neighborhood before we commit to buy. Also with dave just graduating we aren't sure where we will be.
Congrats! That kitty porch looks fantastic! I don't know if you're buying this time, but I had the same issue last year - our credit is phenomenal, but we were so stressed about all the documentation and stuff we had to show/pledge.... 

(And I love the dress! Even in its bigger, longer incarnation, it has a very cool vibe)