5.27.11

Camera Roll-2179

Dress Gap 2008. I've worn it on the blog at least 20 times. I don't mix it up too well. It is mostly different necklaces and shoes.
Shoes Target 2011 (I got them in Feb though.)
Necklace Target 2008
Cami 2009 Forever 21

All cotton. Even the pettipants. Makes me happy. It is going to be 84 here. It hadn't got warm here until this week. Now it is all wham bam hot. Finally. Now I can move over to complaining about the heat.

Makeup details:

Grey and pink eyeshadow, bronze liquid liner, bright red pink gloss and bright pink blush and lots of black mascara.

Camera Roll-2156
Camera Roll-2162

Regarding my lip gloss for Jessica who asked about a more red than pink bright clear gloss. Emoi from Chanel is one of my favorites. The texture is the BEST. I had two others I liked from Chanel and MAC that were both discontinued that were my summer brights. I wore this today to show her what it looked like on. In the tube it is MUCH different.

Here is Day 5 of my Wildfire  CND Shellac manicure.

Camera Roll-2176

I'd say the red is less dark and more bright in real life. More fire engine red I'd say. No problems, no chips, no wear. I did have a tiny tiny issue on my left hand pointer finger. See that tiny chip? It was on my cuticle ever so slightly and I picked it and I chipped it off. If I had left it alone I bet it would of been fine.

What are your plans for this weekend?
Oh we aren't doing too much, oh wait except for that little GRADUATION CEREMONY tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My prince charming is finally going to have his degree. (technically his 3rd) 6 very long years of him working his ass off. I made a huge stinking deal about him going to this ceremony. He wasn't having it. I told him I wasn't giving on this. Compromise my ass. I want to hoot and holler and embarrass him as he walks across the stage.(he is VERY easily embarrassed. I don't care) He got to do it for me, it is my turn.  A few people asked things about him working in the field now. Dave has worked in a firm full time for 5 years.(next week is the anniversary actually) It was a requirement of his school. He wasn't part time or anything like that. He was full blown working in the field this whole time. Hell the first year he was in the field doing punch lists and getting mentions by the Governor in ceremonies for buildings! So nothing is changing on the job front. Well he might get new business cards? Dunno.

I really wish pop had been here to see this but I know he would be SO PROUD of his David. When things were rough at the end and he was passing out during presentations and breaking his front teeth when he fell I said "do it for POP!!!" He told pop the day before he died when he was graduating, he couldn't go back on it now!  Gram is coming though! She didn't get to see my graduation so I will put on the cap and gown and pretend for her.

I have some pics of the apartment to post later. For years I have had a ton of requests to see "where I live" (the inside not the  outside, need to keep safe) and I was always embarrassed cause it was so small and cramped. But I have pics from the landlord from when he remodeled so they place is empty in them. Interested? Maybe people have ideas?

Comments

byhillary said…
Good luck. It's a frustrating process so I wish you luck.
Cara said…
Yay for graduations!! The rule in my family was you only had to go to one university grads, so naturally I went to my first, just in case I didn't do another degree. Then a  friend convinced me to go to our next grad so I did. However, she didn't show up. I decided I won't be going to this upcoming grad (I finish my program two weeks after the graduation deadline, so it won't be until next spring), and now my in-laws are insisting I go, because they haven't seen me graduate.

As for this weekend, it's the great apartment hunt. The weekend isn't even half over (we took Monday too), and all ready I'm exhausted.
byhillary said…
Nylon or cotton loose. From amazon under$10. I wear them with all dresses or skirts
Could you tell me about the pettipants you wear - are they loose or fitted? I'm thinking in investing in a few pairs to wear under dresses for the sake of modesty.
byhillary said…
Eep lake. Jealous!
byhillary said…
It's always the delicate wait it out or snatch it up before it sells out balance.
I buy a lot of stuff on clearance especially jewelry. I wear it for years so I think it's crazy that it is on clearance after a month or so.
byhillary said…
They have nice orangey color genie worth trying on too.
byhillary said…
The pinkys rub some by the end of the day
byhillary said…
He can get more than 3 hours sleep it's insanity! ;)
Eeeeeeee I didn't see this post until today, since I was behind on my blog feeds. This gloss is perfect! We have very similar skin tones so thank you for wearing it for me so I could see what it looks like. I believe I will be going to the Chanel counter this week. :-)

I'm at the lake this weekend with my in-laws. They live on a beautiful lake two hours east of Dallas and I am ready for some grilling and boat rides! I hope Dave has a wonderful graduation ceremony and many congratulations to him for seeing all his hard work realized today!
Eeeeeeee I didn't see this post until today, since I was behind on my blog feeds. This gloss is perfect! We have very similar skin tones so thank you for wearing it for me so I could see what it looks like. I believe I will be going to the Chanel counter this week. :-)

I'm at the lake this weekend with my in-laws. They live on a beautiful lake two hours east of Dallas and I am ready for some grilling and boat rides! I hope Dave has a wonderful graduation ceremony and many congratulations to him for seeing all his hard work realized today!
hurricanekerrie said…
I love your dress-- the skirt looks great! And your necklace, too! Thank you, too, for sharing about the lip gloss. I've been looking for something light and summery but I don't want the goopy mess that a lot of the drugstore ones tend to be haha! It seems that I might have to go up in price range just to get the exact texture that I like.

Congrats to your prince charming! All that hardwork is finally paying off. :)
hurricanekerrie said…
I love your dress-- the skirt looks great! And your necklace, too! Thank you, too, for sharing about the lip gloss. I've been looking for something light and summery but I don't want the goopy mess that a lot of the drugstore ones tend to be haha! It seems that I might have to go up in price range just to get the exact texture that I like.

Congrats to your prince charming! All that hardwork is finally paying off. :)
Melinda said…
I almost got those same sandals but they just felt weird at the toe area.  They look super cute on you- I LOVE the flower.
Cyn said…
Yay for graduations!  Only a full-time job now?  He'll have so much time on his hands...  :)

Seriously though, I hope you both enjoy your new place and a rest after so much work.  Congratulations!
byhillary said…
I got it on clearance Over thanksgiving 3 or 4 years ago
So maybe it was a late summer fall thing?
I like that necklace.  I was a Target shopaholic for the past few years and I don't remember seeing it. :( 

Colleen
http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/
I like that necklace.  I was a Target shopaholic for the past few years and I don't remember seeing it. :( 

Colleen
http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/
byhillary said…
Silly you CAN see them. Think where would I have them stored. ;)
byhillary said…
Silly you CAN see them. Think where would I have them stored. ;)
Cassykins said…
I know, right? I've caught myself telling my bf about something you wrote on your blog and he'll be like, "Which of your friends is this?" and then I'll remember that I don't actually know you
Laniza said…
Your makeup detail pics are so pretty :). I would love to see more pics of the apartment.
Laniza said…
Your makeup detail pics are so pretty :). I would love to see more pics of the apartment.
Felicity Lingle said…
I love your mani and congratulations to your prince!!
Felicity Lingle said…
I love your mani and congratulations to your prince!!
byhillary said…
are we strangers? We've talked about boobs that has to mean something.
Cassykins said…
That dress is great, the wrap works awesome on your figure. I love the bright pop of color on your cheeks, too!

Congrats Dave!!!! This stranger on the internet is proud of your accomplishment. =)