5.26.11

Camera Roll-2141

Shirt and cami H&M
Jeans Gap (hemmed at least 6 inches off.)
Mocassins Minnetonka (2007?)
Belt Target I got it recently in the clearance section for $2. I didn't even look at size and it's too big. I am going to try and remove some of the gold things and make new holes. I always like when people fold over too long belts but it never stays on me. So I put a tiny clear elastic on all my belts to hold the flap down.

Camera Roll-2144
Camera Roll-2143

Messy chic hair has always eluded me. I am not a perfectionist but I am a Libra and I couldn't ever get it even or just right. Heck styling my hair has never been my strong suit. About two years ago I decided to CHANGE THAT and started looking on YouTube and in magazines for ways and tutorials. I can do a few things now but that hot messy hair people like Keiko Lynn have I never been able to do. UNTIL SHE DID A TUTORIAL! This is my first attempt. She is right it would be better on second day hair. My hair was freshly washed squeaky clean. I also need a tripod for my ifone to take hair pics. oy. (or I could use a real camera. gah)


Camera Roll-2128
Camera Roll-2111

Makeup
Two shades of peach eyeshadow, purple mascara, dark peach blush and hot pink clear lipgloss. Bronze liquid eyeliner too.

Camera Roll-2108

Eyewing

Camera Roll-2125

As if there wasn't too many photos. (hey none showed all I wanted to show) This is what you would really see if you saw me today. With glasses.

Camera Roll-2132

I  want a second pair of glasses. BADLY (is that right? Badly? sounds weird). I don't know if it is silly. They are really expensive because I have featherweight progressive trifocals with prisms but I hate having to wear same pair daily. I want a nerdier pair in brown. My sister in law (I hate saying IN LAW. I really do. But you guys don't know her by name really) well she had the pair similar to what I wanted. Ray Bans with clear but I want the purple and brown version. We so do that. We show up at Christmas and we both do laundry and we have all the same clothes. We are totally different people, different body types with different taste but we are similar in a lot of little elements. I have a medical account but I always hoard it all year and then like a maniac try and spend it in December so as not to lose it all.

The reason I hate saying things like "in law" or "step" is it wasn't something we said often growing up. At least with regard to me. I had a lot of grandparents.(8 at one point) They weren't "step grandmother or father" and my step dad never refered to me as his step daughter.Just because I wasn't his DNA he still saw me as HIS daughter (much like adoptive parents do. We have adopted family memebers too) It confused people that I was an only child and I said my sister or brother. (who aren't in my life. But eh can't win them all. They don't like me) Some people were called by their first name but it was weird explaining who they were. Does it matter? My dad's lady friend, I don't know what to call her. She is like a second mother to me. But I don't want to diminish my own mothers rank. Know what I mean? When I met Dave's family I was young and we got engaged young and I didn't know how to refer to them. They were in my life for 6 years before we got married. I didn't know if it was OK to call her by name so I called her Little Missy and his dad Mister.

Comments

byhillary said…
I used to do the lazy girl updo by kasmira but it has gotten long enough I can't seem to do it anymore. Must try again.
byhillary said…
It's bad when the day after I have NO IDEA what shirt it was and I have to go look. ha. Thank you!
byhillary said…
It's bad when the day after I have NO IDEA what shirt it was and I have to go look. ha. Thank you!
Teresa Kulupka said…
i am also a big fan of the messy hair updo.  i like to do a messy french twist and just use a giant clip at the top and let the hair fall back. i like this much better than pony tails for the summer.

my sister calls my husband her 'brother', cuz well we don't have any brothers and he's doing a good job of giving her hell like i would assume a real brother would :)
Grace Mitchell said…
I love that shirt, and your hair. This is a great look.
Grace Mitchell said…
I love that shirt, and your hair. This is a great look.
Marie said…
SUCH a pretty updo. Hair envy!


    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Pretty Face giveaway
Marie said…
SUCH a pretty updo. Hair envy!


    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Pretty Face giveaway
Dave2 said…
Thank you for the suggestion by omission: when my kids start dragging home [girl|boy]friends, I will be sure to introduce myself in a way that they can use.  "Hi, I'm his/her father.  Call me Dave, Not Hillary's Dave But An Altogether Different Dave".

I really like your top makeup photo. Very flattering.
byhillary said…
my foot is ORANGE. totally forgot they did that! I took my shoe off at lunch and was like OOOPS put shoe back on put shoe back on!
byhillary said…
oh man wear them!! Im jealous you can get warby ones. It was going to cost less to get designer ones with my discount then to get warby and have somoene else put lenses in because warby said they can't do my rx.
byhillary said…
oh man wear them!! Im jealous you can get warby ones. It was going to cost less to get designer ones with my discount then to get warby and have somoene else put lenses in because warby said they can't do my rx.
byhillary said…
I am all about weird family that is hard to explain. ha!
byhillary said…
I am all about weird family that is hard to explain. ha!
byhillary said…
I flip flopped for years on what I thought about moccasins. I love them at the moment. I've had some pair for years with or without beads. I call one of my grams Beanie. Her last name is Bean she's a tiny little lady. It just fits. Cute.
Megan Mae said…
I love this look. The moccasins are really cute. I wasn't into them for so long, but my mom bought me a pair and now I love them.

I agree with the what-to-call them thing. I'm an only child but I have brother. Not one I grew up with either, well for most of my life anyway. He's an "only child", but has 3 sisters and a brother. I have cousins that aren't really cousins (*due to lack of marriage).

I call all my in-laws by their first names. When I first met them they said I can call them whatever I felt comfortable with. Most people might find it disrespectful, but I called all my grandparents by some portion of their name growing up (DaddyTom, GranBetty, etc).. I straight up called my maternal grandmother Martha Rose until my littler cousin came along and came up with nickname.
Cassykins said…
My weird family thing is my mom's best friend has always been my Aunt Sharon, but she's not at all related. It made it super awkward when she and my mom used to tell people her son and I were going to get married one day. People were like wtf, they're cousins... But, we're not, you know? (we're also not getting married, so it would be ok even if we were I guess)

Btw - the messy hair looks great. I've become less caring about how mine looks, so I rock messy a lot. One of my friends always need it to be messy in a just-so way and that's tough. You have to kind of stop caring and as a perfectionist in other things, that's impossible sometimes.
OHMIGOD, I love the hair. You did it so well! When mine was long, it just looked little-kid messy, never chic messy. But you rocked it. Can't wait to see you play around with it some more. I hear ya on the glasses thing. I ALWAYS want another pair. I got a "fun" pair in the winter (light blue!), but I never wear them because it's just so natural to me to wear my black Ray-Bans all the time. I'm hoping the summer will inspire me more... 
Felicity Lingle said…
I have a pair of Minnetonkas just like that, but without the beading. And a pair of slippers just like that with the beading, but a lighter color. They are so comfy and awesome and surprisingly durable.
byhillary said…
I imagine it would be insanely hard to get it to be messy with the sheer amount you have.
byhillary said…
I imagine it would be insanely hard to get it to be messy with the sheer amount you have.
D'Rae said…
I do the same thing with my belts! I love how they looked tied and stuff on other people, but hate it on me! So I pull out the elestic and use it so it doesn't flop around.

As you can see by the way I wear my hair daily, I am a perfectionist. I can't do messy hair. I really want to, but I like how my hair looks all sleek. (I really want to cut it shorter, badly, but for now, I am just dealing with it.)
D'Rae said…
I do the same thing with my belts! I love how they looked tied and stuff on other people, but hate it on me! So I pull out the elestic and use it so it doesn't flop around.

As you can see by the way I wear my hair daily, I am a perfectionist. I can't do messy hair. I really want to, but I like how my hair looks all sleek. (I really want to cut it shorter, badly, but for now, I am just dealing with it.)
byhillary said…
Sometimes I confuse myself in my talking. Personally I don't care. I know what they mean to me. I just like to open discussions and sometimes it is hard to explain to others. I was just curious what other people did. Not if they agree with what i do. know what i mean?
Danielle O'B said…
Family situations are confusing to explain. As long as you know who is important to you that's really all that matters! I felt the same way about the hair! I tried the tutorial last night and it was AMAZING! And so stinkin' easy!! Looks great on you!