Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in BOY

There is this entire category of bloggers out there where they elaborately stage photos so just the right thing is "accidentally" (or intentionally) in the shot. Those people total make me question my cool cred, or to be more exact tell me I have none. I am so not that person. I just don't know how to be like that. I TRY but my stuff always comes off crooked, silly or contrived. When I posed on the dock over the water near my apartment I tripped and ripped hole in my $500 Marc Jacob heels (I spent $80 but we are talking REPLACEMENT VALUE. mmhhh) When I try and take picture of the cats doing something cute I have a cup with saran wrap in it in the background. (damn cats who spill all drinks) I take a detail photo of my shirt and it has cat hair on it. I just can't do effortless chic!! I try. But you get the point. Which is why I usually just work the funny angle, I figure if I can't be the cool kid I can be the one that makes them laugh. The point? In an effort to take a worthy picture of my latest Chanel acquisition I realized all the above. This is what I ended up with. 

Camera Roll-1909

And to those who know me in real will not be suprised. I stabbed under the fingernail setting up the shot.

Boy Rouge CoCo Shines by Chanel

Chanel Rough Coco Shine in color Boy Each one of the colors in this brand new line has a story behind it's name.

Described as

Boy is the "nickname of Arthur Capel, the love of her life (coco chanel), the partner and guardian angel of her first success stories. A rosewood with a slight hint of copper, a relaxed, chic, essential."

I have been anxiously awaiting the release of these colors since they first started being talked about on the makeup blogs. Officially released last week this new line is hyped as

"ROUGE COCO SHINE Hydrating Sheer Lipshine provides lasting moisturizing shine in a water-light texture. The formula glides on for easy application, and a unique HYDRATENDRE complex hydrates and softens lips, giving them a healthier and fuller appearance. Available in a complete range of shades, from delicate beiges to dazzling berries, with a hint of shimmer to enhance a glossy finish."

Camera Roll-1912

Camera Roll-1923

At $32 I expect a product to perform miracles. Dave asked what it's claim was and when I read him the description he said "oh so a lipgloss lipstick hybrid" The dear boy is a genius. I told him I was stealing that for the blog. Yes that is exactly what it is. I have taught him years ago that the difference is  that glosses are like wood varnishes, they add a see thru color with shine and lipsticks are more like plain paint. This marries the two. Boy is quite possibly the PERFECT color. it IS effortless chic as they describe it. Soft hint of color, shine and hydration. It has a slight rose scent and a very nice slip on the lips. I find myself applying it a lot during the day not out of need but because I like how it feels. Now the lipstick is smaller than traditional lipsticks and at the price is not the cheapest product out there but if you are looking to only buy one luxury lipstick to give you that little squeal when you pull it out of your bag, I'd say go with this line in particular. Chanel, they are smart too. Nothing is unintentional with them. The lipstick tube is cold to the touch so when you reach in your bag it stands out from the rest of the contents. The cap has a satisfying click that they spent a ton of research on. All of it was done on purpose. They have years of experience and gobs of money to put into development of their products. They can charge the prices they do because they know that people will buy, not only that but they will continue to buy. If you aren't satisfied they will take it back. Now do I wish they charged yes, HELL YES. I blew almost all my weekly lunch, coffee and makeup allowance on it. But I don't regret it at all.

You can purchase Chanel at most major department stores, Chanel boutiques and online. I ordered via Facebook. I "liked" them a little while back and last week a few days early they offered a presale and free shipping to their Fans. When you order online they do it up all fancy too.

Camera Roll-1864

That is a sample of their ungodly priced $200 eye cream. I have to admit that I don't even own a regular eye cream I live on samples alone! Seriously. Samples are usually much bigger than you will use in a day or even week and I cut the little packet open and put it in a tiny jar and I can get up to a month of use from one. I have some tiny jars that I have used for 6 months. You just use a tiny smear a day!

Comments

byhillary said…
Thank you I aim to make ya snort.
byhillary said…
Link I wanna see ya!
byhillary said…
They have lots of pretty shades to pick from too There was a coral I was eyeballing too.
byhillary said…
Thank so much :)
Kcameron said…
I think that color was meant for you. It looks perfect!
Ericka Hayes said…
That pink is perfect on you! I may have to check out the counter next time I am in the neighborhood as "lipgloss lipstick hybrid" sounds right up my alley.
Grace Mitchell said…
Wow , that is the perfect color! I am tempted by nearly all your makeup picks--I think we must have very similar coloring, because things you pick seem like they would be perfect for me.
I love love LOVE this post. Utterly hysterical and so true! And you make me want to spend $32 on a varnish/paint hybrid for my lips!