4.7.11

Every pose in this outfit just screamed prissy to me so I went with that. (I am totally ok with how prissy I am in real life. Think Angela on the office - the religious parts and less cats)

main 4.7.11

Vintage dress gift from Friend
Belt and Tights Target
Shoes Clarks (OMG THEY ARE SO COMFY)
Sweater Gap
Barrette H&M
Sweater thing Vintage Etsy
Lips Paris by Chanel
Necklace and bracelet Tiffany and co
Earrings tiny glass ones from an the aHt fair (no really it was called that think how a bostonian talks. Like that.)

I didn't want to do hands on hips so I tried a prop.

Camera Roll-1903

oh and if it wasn't librarian enough I am wearing it with a 1950's sweater holder mabob. I don't like how it looks buttoned up with this dress though so I keep it open all day.

detail 4.7.11

Since I was wearing a 1950's dress, posing like I was I figured a cat eye and red lips were the way to go along with a pony tail. (OK in all honesty I was going to wear my hair down because I braided it over night but it was so enormous this morning I had to pull it back.

makeup 4.7.11

I have this great barrette in too but it keeps falling out.

Camera Roll-1898

I have worn this dress a ton of times before.

Brrmbpdpdmdm


I just want a bit part in your life
The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.




I had a ceremony at my work for people who had been there 5, 10, 15, 20 years on Monday so I got a nice little manicure for a treat.

Camera Roll-1866

I also just realized that my great grandmothers ring matches my new pink sapphire replacement wedding band. (mine wasn't repairable. boo.) I am thinking of having her ring reset to match my wedding band. As a kid I always thought it was gawdy. I like it now but I am still not sold on yellow gold. I think I inherited it because it's my birthstone.

Camera Roll-1872


How is your week turning out? How are you?
I will be quiet about mine because I will just sound complainy. :) Yesterday was my unbirthday. Daisyboo and Waffle gave me a gift card to itunes. I got season 4 of big love! I can't wait to watch it tonight!!! I love me some FLDS (no I would NEVER share a man. EVER). Random Hillary fact. I almost converted to the Mormon church when I was in high school.(do you call it converted?) My parents were totally OK with it. They encouraged me to find a place that made me happy where ever that was.  I felt very accepted there and had met so many great people there. They were so welcoming in a time when I was feeling very  unloved and unloveable. But I didn't and wonder often if I should of. Then I drink a Pepsi and forget for 6 months.

Comments

byhillary said…
oh good luck!
byhillary said…
oooh brazil! that sounds like a great place to me for work. (better than new jersey)
byhillary said…
oooh brazil! that sounds like a great place to me for work. (better than new jersey)
Rachel K said…
I always love this dress on you - I think it's one of my favs. I keep meaning to look for a sweater mabob since you debuted yours, it's such a great vintage look, but I just keep forgetting. Maybe will use my eBates + eBay bucks for one.....

This week is way better than last week! Thanks again for your advice and listening. Yesterday was exciting, I had an interview for a Marketing Manager position at our local Harley dealership....how cool would that be? They said I was the top candidate, I just have to have an interview with the owner next week - fingers crossed.......I'm not really looking for a new job, but I think I'd take this one in a heartbeat.
LORENA said…
I like this dress and that huge barrette is a pain ! (i got a white pair from H&M) and they never stay in :(
My week's been pretty busy as I am in Brazil for work so I am just beat - however I really don't want to go home.
byhillary said…
I never said they agreed with anything else I ever did. ;) just this. Things have improved once I passed 30 with some. ;p
byhillary said…
I never said they agreed with anything else I ever did. ;) just this. Things have improved once I passed 30 with some. ;p
Megan Mae said…
That's a fabulous dress. I love the white beret you're wearing in one of the 'past' photos.

My week is everywhich way. Up and down, happy, sad.

I enjoyed the first season of Sister Wives. They seem like the most genuinely happy family I've seen on tv. I find it both awesome and surprising your parents supported you about that. My family hates every decision I've ever made (religion or otherwise). Cool points to the Hillary Parents.
Katie said…
Hillary, you look amazing! Love the blue/red combo! LOVE the red lipstick that goes with the outfit too! :)
Katie said…
Hillary, you look amazing! Love the blue/red combo! LOVE the red lipstick that goes with the outfit too! :)
byhillary said…
I remembered the name! Sweater Guard
http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=sweater+guard
Grace Mitchell said…
I love that dress so much. And I covet your sweater clip thingee.
byhillary said…
Having worked in a library for 8 years I can tell you that there certainly is something wrong about looking like a librarian. MORE often than not the fashion is out of this world terrible. You should see the conventions! When you work in it you don't necessarily want to advertise it. knowwhatimeangeorge?
byhillary said…
Having worked in a library for 8 years I can tell you that there certainly is something wrong about looking like a librarian. MORE often than not the fashion is out of this world terrible. You should see the conventions! When you work in it you don't necessarily want to advertise it. knowwhatimeangeorge?
Cara said…
I love that dress... It's just so fabulous. And there is certainly nothing wrong with looking like a librarian.

And it's awesome that you're parents were so supportive. It's one of those things I always say I will be if/when I become a parent, but I often wonder how that will go.
byhillary said…
I totally busted out laughing at that. Yes I would like a cleaning wife! One who does laundry too.
Natalie said…
Love the sweater clippy thing and the pops of red!

I recently started watching the show Sister Wives on TLC and I'm fascinated by it, especially since I'm Mormon and from Utah and I didn't know any polygamists living there, but they make it sound fairly common. I always joke that I wouldn't mind if my husband wanted another wife as long as she cooked and cleaned and made my life easier. ;)
Cassykins said…
I've been in NE all my life, too, and last year was my first time. I felt like such a dork because I was all like ooooooh pretty!
byhillary said…
Born and raised in New England. Lived in Mass 9 and I've never been to the cape.
byhillary said…
thank you. Now if the barrette would just stay ON MY HEAD! i need to sand it or something.
dotty said…
the cardigan clip and huge barrette are such neat additions to this outfit!
dotty said…
the cardigan clip and huge barrette are such neat additions to this outfit!
byhillary said…
thank you. It has an official name but for some reason it escapes me. I knew it when I was looking for one on etsy.... hrmm
byhillary said…
thanks. The combo of those can backfire easily.
Rlutz said…
you are so funny!!! Love the dress styled with the blue tights and red shoes...great outfit!! Prinm and proper but stylish and chic all the same!
Felicity Lingle said…
I love your holder mabob!
Cassykins said…
Whoo sweater clips! I was able to find 2 when I was on vacation in Cape Cod last year and then 1 more in an antique store. I love them because I don't like when my cardigans with no buttons get all flappy in my face when it's windy.

My excitement of the week was buying the new Britney Spears cd, I think. I really need to get out more.