Nars lipstick in Funny Face

I have wanted to try Nars lipstick for awhile now but the $24 price tag was holding me back. (I refuse to try things at Sephora, I've seen what people do with the testers!) is a main reason I likes to buy makeup counter makeup because they are a bit more strict with testers. I digress. I had an Amazon gift card I'd been holding on to and I remembered you could get Sephora stuff on there! I ordered a few things one being Nars lipstick in Funny Face.


Camera Roll-16

This is a fuchsia semi-matte finish with a slight blue sheen in certain lights. Blue based colors help your teeth appear whiter which is always a bonus in my mind. The package appears on the small size but the lipstick inside seems full sized. It has a very very faint lemon scent to me. Smells slightly like Fresh's Sugar perfume. It has no taste and goes on surprisingly smooth for a matte lipstick which typically are harder to apply. The color is opaque but not thick or heavy like MAC mattes. It is ever so slightly drying. I would recommend a quick swipe of chapstick if dry is a concern for you. I am so used to dry reds that this small amount didn't bother me. At $24 it is on the majorly expensive side (Mac is $14) but they are cruelty free and are a favorite of fashion designers for their runway shows. (I am looking at you Marc Jacobs!) A neat tidbit I picked this color after seeing it in the Fall 2010 JCrew catalog. It looked great as an accent against the duller colored fall fashion spread.

Camera Roll-15

If you have a gift card or Sephora coupon I would recommend trying it if you are on the hunt for a great fuchsia but I don't know if I would repurchase at full price. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic product but spendy for a color that for me won't get daily wear. (I'll spend more on a daily color and less on occasion colors typically)

Comments

Cassykins said…
I like this color! I haven't tried NARS lipstick yet, but in general love the brand. It may or may not be in part because the creator is kinda hot, though... haha. No no, I do like a lot of the products, too
Dave2 said…
I think it looks great on you!
Lisa said…
I love the color on you! I always just put testers on the back of my hand, but now I wonder what you've seen and probably won't even do that . . .
byhillary said…
People sticking fingers in mouth then in testers. Putting it on from the tube. Putting eyeliner on straight from thing without cleaning it. Just not sanitary. Back of hand is fine I'll do that but it doesn't really show how it'll look on. My face and hands don't match.