Sally Hansen in Kitty Kitty and Glee by OPI for Sephora in Slushied

A few weeks ago I reviewed the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips. I then re reviewed them and changed my opinion on them. Currently at CVS you get two extra bucks if you buy a set and there was a coupon in the paper for them. I got Kitty Kitty this time. They went on easier this time. I had the same issues as last time but this time I knew it was going to harden overnight so even if there was a bit of it peeling up initially that it wouldn't progess from there. I really like this design.

photo

And for you Gleeks Sephora has a line of Glee inspired polishes by OPI. I got Slushied.

IMG_3550
IMG_3548

It is a jelly polish. Not 100% opaque. This is two coats and you can kinda see my nail tips. If you are unsure of what a jelly polish is think about a jar of jelly. No matter how big or how much jelly is in it it will never be truely opaque. Make sense? But the color? It is gorgeous. If you wanted a more opaque look you could probably put it over white and get a nice result.

Comments

hillary said…
I'm wearing Slushied now! It actually came out opaque for me which when you and I had talked about it before, I didn't think it would. Weird. Then I went and ruined it by doing my first test with my new Konad stamper. Tooootally didn't get it. Will have to check up on some tutorials I think.
hillary said…
The Kitty Kitty was the first Sally Hansen Strips i tried and they made me fall in love. 7 days later i had to take them off because of regrowth not because of peeling. When I read your first review I was suprised because my first experience was great, but then i saw you changed your opinion, Im glad they worked out for you! I love my Konad Stamper, but when I dont want to wait for drying time, the Nail Strips will be my go to. I was a dork and bought the Houndstooth design for the Daytona 500 race last weekend just because it looked like a checkered flag!
hillary said…
ha now see I can konad in half the time. I use Seche Vite which dries in 2 min flat. It took me 20 min to do these the other night and I have become pretty fast at stamping.
hillary said…
I googled reviews and a lot of swatches people posted you can see their nail tips. I think if I cut my nails and had no tips then it would look more opaque on me.
hillary said…
love the print nails. I tried the Sally Hansen strips several weeks ago and I liked them for the most part. They lasted about a week on me with minor chips. Usually when I do my own nails I ruin them in an hour. I tried a neutral metallic color the first time for the strips. I really want to try the leopard print, but the CVS by me never has those in stock. I love the look!
hillary said…
I have a no tolerance policy on chips! I obsess obsess and that is why I paint often. Seche Vite is a miracle product or I would screw them up everytime with in minutes. It dries they totally so fast because never fails I paint them then I have to do something very nail intensive like wash the cat or pick gum out of my hair.
hillary said…
I wonder if Kitty Kitty is especially easy to put on than the others? Maybe the metallic makes a difference? I tried Kitty Kitty first and found it super easy. But this past weekend I tried Check it Out (the houndstooth ones, which is not metallic) and had a much harder time with it. I thought maybe I was just not paying enough attention or that my hands were too cold.
hillary said…
The strips are fabulous!!!
I was telling the girl who does my nails about them and about the konad stamps - which she had never heard of-
Well I had not heard of them either until I read about it on your blog.
I am looking forward to getting me some... next time i travel :(
hillary said…
Yikes! I got the lace too and was going to try that next. I better get good at this, fast!