Revlon CustomEyes in Rich Temptations

Revlon sent me three CustomEyes eyeshadow palettes to review and I was excited to learn the beautiful Kimberly of Fab Finds Under $50 also got some and had been posting them this week. If you aren't already reading her, WHY NOT?!  They look so gorgeous on her and I have to admit I was jealous because I was not getting the same results at all. I actually was a bit fed up with them after two unsucesful attempts this weekend and so yesterday I gave one another shot. The first palette I am going to review is Rich Temptations.


From their press release:
* Provides a complete, coordinated eye look in one product

* Each palette includes a ‘how to’ guide on the back of packaging to show how to best use the CustomEyes Shadow & Liner in your favorite shade
* Encourages you to express your individual style, offering looks for any mood, personality or occasion.
* Six expertly coordinated palettes each containing four eye shadows and one built-in powder eyeliner offering great versatility and convenience to achieve any eye look


IMG_4232
IMG_4230

I found the colors were greatly paired together. They were very soft and smooth upon touch. Not at all chalky. I did find them a bit hard to blend but I think a stiffer brush (not applicator included) would of helped that. I attempted to apply it according to the diagram on the back. (I don't know how Kimberly got that great cat eye on the sides like the picture but I think I need to email her for tips! I couldn't get that nice point) The colors are not too pigmented I'd say a 3 or 4 but I am used to MAC which on a scale of pigmentation they would be about a 9 if not a 10 at times. I think these are geared towards people who want something they can wear everyday and can mix up the colors for day at work to night looks. Which is great I just prefer my colors to pack a bit more of a punch. If I used a primer and wet these they do give a much richer payout. I just wanted to show you straight out of the package. I used the darkest shadow as a liner as suggested. I used a q-tip to clean up around it and make it more precise.

The palettes retail for around $9 and can be found in all major drugstores. I would reccomend them for anyone looking for one palette they can mix and match the colors for different looks for work that isn't too wild.

Comments

hillary said…
Lovely, I went and looked at Kimberly's look too. I like the color on you both!

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Super cute necklace giveaway!
hillary said…
Thank you We don't have the same colors on though . I like hers a lot though!
hillary said…
Kimberly is indeed fab, but I like your eyes better. Maybe I am partial.

Would you say this would be good to steer my daughter to? She lost her makeup bag, and is rebuilding.
hillary said…
let me send you a bunch of coupons so she can rebuild. this would probably be great for her. they have different kinds. i clipped a ton of coupons out of the paper last week for stuff i dont need but someone might. lipstick and all that she can get at the drugstore. all the name brands.
hillary said…
I get offer codes all the time from CVS.com, especially for makeup. I hate to reward her for being so negligent, but would it be cost effective to buy online?
hillary said…
i just popped a couple clipped coupons in the mail to you. Make her use coupons to replace it all
hillary said…
I've been trying out drugstore shadows lately and I'm similarly unplussed. The colors look great in the box, but they just don't look saturated on the eye. I think I'm going to stick with higher-end and cream shadows.
hillary said…
I wanted to buy this particular palette but opted not to, going for a far safer neutral set instead - but based on this post, I decided to go out and get it and I love it. Today's my first day wearing it at work and I got a compliment on my makeup (which never happens, lol). Mine doesn't look as good as yours, but I need to practice more since I usually just do a single color sweep.
hillary said…
aw thanks. I probably do at least 3-4 coats of color. Never just one which I think really helps intensity. Not here but I wet things often too.