Testing out Timberland Snow Boots

This past summer Timberland and Lucky sent me and the other 99 Alpha Shoppers some Snow boots from Earthkeepers line.They sent them to me asking for a honest review. I was compensated in these free boots but was not encouraged to review favorably. At the time it was over 90 degrees and I couldn't imagine wearing them so I waited until the first snowfall to give them a real test. Little did I know it wouldn't be until December 20th before we got our first snowfall! I woke up this morning to slushy slippery roads, perfect time to try out the boots!

Edited timberland boots photo

I got the Mount Holly Duck Boot in the "bone" color. I saw a few other bloggers complaining about the style of the boots. I have to be honest, yes they aren't exactly my normal style but in the middle of a blizzard who cares as long as they keep you safe. First impression upon putting them on was they were a bit small. I wear a 7 in most shoes with an occasional 6.5 and on the rare occasion an 8. I got them in a 7 and I really could gone for an 8 easily. I normally wouldn't of picked this color because winter boots get dirty fast. But as I've been wearing them today I noticed something. The salt from the roads doesn't really show on this color. This color might be a blessing in disguise.I trudged to the T in the snow this morning and they didn't weigh me down and I didn't feel like I was fighting with myself like I usually do in big snow boots. I was nice and toasty and dry by the time I got to work but I wasn't hot! I always find that with insulated boots there is a point where I start to overheat because the heat gets trapped. These didn't do that. I was comfortable the entire time.

What Timberland has to say about this particular style.


A new addition to our collection this season, we've taken the ever-popular look of our Canard boot and added some eco-conscious credentials. These waterproof boots are crafted with leather from a silver-rated tannery and boast outsoles made from 42% recycled material. We added 50% recycled cotton laces and partially recycled fleecy linings so you can feel confident about having warm, dry feet while supporting the environment. Imported.
Details:
  • Premium smooth leather and PU mesh upper
  • 12-inch height
  • Lining and footbed in cozy fleece made with 30% recycled PET
  • Green Rubber™ outsole made with 42% recycled material
  • High wear rubber heel bumper
  • High-rise toe protector
  • Reliable D-ring hiker lacing
  • 50% recycled flat cotton laces
  • Shaft height (7 US): 10 inches
  • Calf circumference: 14.5 inches

Overall I am very pleased with these boots. I would actually buy them (in a different color) after my experience wearing them. They keep you dry and warm without excess bulk. I think the color is actually growing on me. I am imaging a snow princess look with them. ;) The boots retail for $150 on the Timberland site for a pair of quality snow boots that will last quite a few winters.

While checking out the site these other boots caught my eye. These Bethel Buckle Boots also from the Earthkeepers line are so bad ass! I could rock those all day with a dress. I wouldn't have to change into shoes when I get to work. I also really like these Granby Tall Boots. They remind me of a pair my dad has had all my life and I have periodically contacted the company of his if they came out with a woman's version! These 14 inch Design Your Own Boots are SO COOL! I made a fantasy pair in black with a black cuff, pink stitching, silver grommets, pink and grey laces with pink initials on the heel and on the hangtags with white and grey soles! Go play around and make a pair it's fun! Anyone know what the heel monogram stands for?

boots
laces
backdetail

Comments

hillary said…
I need to break down and get some serious snow boots. I like the Granby and the Mount Holly. Size up on the Mt. Holly, you say? I'll have to investigate...thanks for the review.
hillary said…
I really like the pink and brown boots you designed. Too cute.
hillary said…
DDW -- Dave, Daisyboo, and Waffle, mayhaps?

I have never had much need for real snow boots. usually any pair of warm-enough shoes or boots suffices for my commute when there is snow out.
But this post almost has me thinking I might need a pair! how cute are the design-your-owns??
hillary said…
I just bought new winter hiking boots and it is amazing what a difference it makes when you wear warm, dry, lightweight boots (with nice thick treads) in the salty, slushy, icy and mucky days between December and March. I really like those Timberlands - I would totally wear those!
But my heart really skipped a beat for the Bethel buckle boots. Those are my kind of boot!
hillary said…
agreed! THOSE i'd rock all winter. all day without changing.
hillary said…
ding ding ding!
hillary said…
Wow, I didn't realize they had an option to design your own boots! That's awesome :)