Glitter polish remover DIY

Do you love glitter polish and do you never wear it because it is a nightmare to remove? That is what happens to me. I hate spending 10-20 minutes scrubbing it, trying to get all the stuck glitter off. I did not come up with this I actually saw this on someone else's site a few months ago but I can't find where I saw it. (I think it was a link via Babbling Brooke)

This is so insanely easy I honestly didn't think it would work so I didn't take before photos. I had tried removing the glitter first on my pinkie and after 2 minutes of scrubbing I thought I'd try this and just faked these after the fact because I had to share how awesome this is.



All you need is:
*Remover
*11 cotton balls
*A piece of tinfoil

Cut a piece of tin and place it under your hand. Soak a cotton in remover and place it over your nail.



Now fold it over and give it a little squeeze.




Repeat for all fingers.



I waited about 3 minutes And squeezed a couple times and moved them back and forth a little.

Squeeze it as you pull off and VIOLA it took it almost all off!!!!



I apologize my nails are so stained and icky. It is from dark polish but it's finally growing out. See the pinkie? That's the one I had done first.

Remember how I said 11 cottons? The last one is to do a quick once over for any stray glitter on the edges.

So that is it! Easy right? Takes longer to explain than it is to do it! Now think of the world of glitter polishes that is now open to you!!

Comments

hillary said…
This really is one of the reasons I don't wear glitter nail polish. Thanks Hillary!
hillary said…
AWESOME!!!! I need to try that :D
hillary said…
your nailbeds are amazing!!!
hillary said…
AWESOME. I have glitter polish on right now and I was dreading removing it. Thanks!
hillary said…
You are a genius! Thank you so much for sharing this great tip! I will no longer pick off my glitter nail polish.
hillary said…
This is wonderful! I have been wanting to do my nails in glitter for the New Year, but I start back to school on the 4th and am not allowed to wear nail polish while doing clinicals. This solves my dilemma!
hillary said…
Wow, that's a great tip!
hillary said…
Oh yes! Thank you for this. I've always thought the same thing. Although I buy the nail polish jars with the plastic bristles inside. I have two. One for glitters and one for regular polish. They work great. But I will definitely be trying this one! Thank you!
hillary said…
Thanks for the tip! I put on some glitter polish the week before Christmas and STILL haven't been able to get it all off! I had just vowed never again to use glitter polish, but I think this method will mean I can take back my vow.

What are your favorite glitter polishes? I like polishes with very dense glitter, and I am looking for recommendations.
hillary said…
I'm trying this tonight!! I love the Opi Burlesque line of glitter polishes, but it's SO ANNOYING to take off and reapply!
hillary said…
I got a glitter mani for NYE and didn't even THINK of this problem until I read your post. But I tried this removal technique tonight, and worked like a charm! The best part is that I didn't even have to struggle with removal beforehand. Thanks for reading my future mind with this post!! =)
hillary said…
I'm so glad it worked
hillary said…
My mind is blown.
hillary said…
oh crap. When I left disqus it made it look like i made all the comments on some posts. GAH.
Mary said…
Ahhhhh THANK YOU! This is GREAT!
Mary said…
Ahhhhh THANK YOU! This is GREAT!