Makeup to match my pajamas

I stayed home unwell yesterday. I am OK I just had a fever and I fear my ear infections that plagued me all my life are coming back and saying HI REMEMBER ME. But except for my internal thermostat being broken I AM FINE. But I used it as an excuse to wear pajamas all day.

While I didn't wear fun photographable clothes I did do fun makeup. I was going a bit stir crazy so I did a look to match my pajamas. My bangs were pinned back and I am not a fan of my forehead so I did a lovely awkward photo crop for you! I really love the results!

These are both WITH flash.

Closed
IMG_3043

Open
IMG_3056

I started priming my entire lid with MAC paint pot in Painterly then I did Opal pigment over entire lid. Then I put Violet pigment wet on the outer 1/3 of my eye. Where the Opal and Violet met I blended then together with another layer or Opal pigment. I then wet violet and put it on my lower lash line. I used Smokey Heir liquid liner along top of lash line and made a little wing. I then used a little Pink Freeze shadow in the inner corner of my eyes. I used Dior Show mascara (I got a sample at Sephora and I LOVE IT!) I used NW15 Select Cover up and Mineralize powder in NW15 I used a limited edition highlight powder down nose, top of cheekbone, above lip and on chin and under brow bone and a limited edition blush in coral on my cheeks. I have Sangria from Becca cosmetics on my lips.Oh and I forgot I used NYX eyeliner in Milk on my inner water line of lower lid.

Do you ever do makeup to sit around? How was your weekend?

Comments

Megan G said…
I'm way more likely to my makeup when I'm not doing anything. It happens out of boredom. Especially if D decides he needs to take extra long getting ready - I'll whip out the eyeliner.

My weekend was softof stressful. Trying to make college class decisions. Blech.
Marie said…
Rarely do makeup to sit around in since I love the day off occasionally from putting on a face. I like doing it- but like snoozing through it once in a while too. Your eyes pop with that color.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Lisa said…
I'm with Megan. Sometimes when I'm bored at home I'll put on a ton of make-up just to see what I look like with it all on. Or I'll look at some of my favorite make-up blogs/tutorials and try those out. Reading this kind of makes me want to go put on some make-up now . . .

My weekend was busy but good. I hope you feel better soon and your nasty ear infection stays away.
Anonymous said…
You poor thing! I really hope you're starting to feel better. I had an ear infection years ago and finally understood exactly why little kids scream so much when they get them. :( They absolutely suck.

I've done make up to sit around before. It's a good time to try the wacky stuff I might be too afraid to wear out in public! ;)
C said…
Beeyootiful!
Courtney said…
I'm sorry you're not feeling up to snuff, but you do look fabulous for someone hanging out in her jammies!
The purple is fantastic on you.
Rachel said…
The purples are gorgeous! I usually like to try and give my skin a break from makeup if I'm not going to be leaving the house due to really sensitive skin. But if I get new makeup, I have to play with it.

I hope you get feeling better soon! Cold and flu season is heeeeere
Cyn said…
Oh, the DiorShow looks great! I love it too, but the price hurts. A splurge indeed (Sephora usually has sets at Christmas that make it worthwhile).

I also mess with makeup when I have time to kill. Especially on snow days! I think today's eyes are great and I bet the purple shadow looks fab with your red hair.

Cyn

P.S.- My mall just got a Brow bar! My brows actually have an arch, and I look so...young!