Weekend roundup

October just has not been my month photo wise. I really wanted to show you my outfit today because for picking it at the last screaming second I liked how it came out. I had an iPhone and a mirror and that's it. I need to download some sort of timer app for my phone or find my damn camera!!! It is MIA. Warning it's about to classy up in here. (bathroom shots. At least it is the private staff bathroom so it is neat and clean)

So here is the top of my outfit. Brown corduroy dress with orange hoodie

ok 2?

Dress Loft 2008
Boots Clarks 2008
Hoodie Target 2008
Necklace Banana Republic 2008

I shall name this outfit 2008.

My hair came out nice.

head ok 2? - like

OK so here it is upclose so you can get a little idea of detail. Completely different colors than top. In real life dress is straight up brown and hoodie is pumpkin orange.

detail

Ready for the classy part? aw yeah.



I have on cordovan colored boots and brown stripe tights to pair with the corduroy. See I MATCH.

So there you have it. I like orange and brown. I didn't take a single photo this weekend. No wait take that back I took two. I didn't do much this weekend. Dave was busy. I read. Fun times. On Saturday when I went out to meeting him for lunch I just stopped for a second to enjoy the view. Some parts of my neighborhood are so so so pretty.



I've always lived fairly close to the ocean and I probably always will.

This one is blurry but Waffle is a total ham. She is OBSESSED with drinking from cups (which I think is a common cat thing. Daisyboo doesn't have it though) But waffle has taken to putting her front paw around the cup and holding it and pulling it towards her. If there is a handle she will grab that.



I warn people when they come over. No one listens until they find a cat head in their drink though.

How was your weekend? What did you do and what did you EAT?
I had maple pecan chicken on friday night. Ham and roasted fingerling potatoes Saturday and Sunday we had Chicken parm with parm potatoes. Dave cooked all of those meals. YUM. Oh and we had pancakes yesterday morning. Dave always makes them into shapes. This time a turtle, elephant and mickey mouse.




EDITED TO ADD
Has anyone read this article of the Marie Clare site? It is disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves to have her post it. She is incorrect I do know overweight people who are 100% healthy.

Comments

Sheila said…
You look beautiful in orange.

Heh, my old kitty Othello used to dangle his paw in people's drinks. "Don't put your cup on the floor," we'd say, but two minutes later, he'd be licking his paw off and dunking it.
Candycane said…
Your hair looks really really great here! I love the brown and Orange combo on you .. and that picture of Waffle with the cup is tooooooo cute!!

Sal xXx
Anonymous said…
This is truly one of your best outfits ever! I love those colors together and your hair looks absolutely STUNNING!

Wow, that Marie Claire article was harsh. :(
lawyerdoll said…
I also love these colors together, and they set off your hair beautifully! Drooling over the boots.

My only other thoughts: I wonder if a necklace extender would help the necklace not fight that ruffle at the bottom. And while I adore the color, I'm not crazy about a hoodie as career wear-- I wish it were a jacket.

But my job is more formal than most, so take that as you will....
Cara said…
I love those colours, especially with your hair! You make fall look so good that I almost forgot that I hate this season!
Can you imagine being the actors who play Mike and Molly, if they read that article? They're people, too! Wow, "So anyway, yes, I think I'd be grossed out if I had to watch two characters with rolls and rolls of fat kissing each other ... because I'd be grossed out if I had to watch them doing anything." That's just rude. If there is one thing that we can take solace in, it is that all the comments so far on the article have reamed her out for being so insensitive!
hillary said…
Thank you. I am not looking to change this look as I mentioned above I really like it how it is. I have a job that affords me the luxury of wearing what ever I want. Everyone has to make their own version of "career wear".
My career is ubercasual and I actually am over dressed compared to others.

I personally really like the look of a hoodie with a dress. It is kinda my thing I am known for. I also like where the necklace lays right around it. You couldn't extend it because it is one solid piece.
Unknown said…
I'm pretty sure that magazines' bloggers are not held to nearly the same standards as their regular writers for the most part, but Marie Claire could stand to do some downsizing of their writing staff.

It's also interesting to read this after the "HealthBloggerGate" article from the most recent issue. You have one place criticizing bloggers for being ED triggers, but then online, you have things like this. Does this mean they want to eat their cake and have it, too? (Or not eat it, as this writer would have the poor deathfats believe.)
Jess said…
I love this outfit! You look so cozy and fall-like, and the colors just look really great on you.

That article DISGUSTED me, especially the part about how she's all, "I don't want to watch fat people kiss, let alone do anything! It grosses me out!" Seriously? Shallow much? I love how she claims this show (which actually pisses ME off because of how it gets the cheap humor) implicitly promotes obesity. Despite the fact that it plays fat for laughs, how about it just shows that people of every shape and size can find love? ARGH This just stamps on my hot buttons. I'm sure others think it is because I myself am overweight, but it's really because I hate judgmental jerks. I tweeted angrily about it.
Megan G said…
I love the whole outfit! The necklace especially. Brown and orange have been my favorite colors this season.

My mom's cats are just about that bad. My mom's room mate refused to share her queso cheese with the cats - so they went and found the lid of the jar left on the counter and went to town!
Moni said…
I really like your outfit. The color and cut of your dress and hoodie look great on you.

My weekend wasn't exactly the best, since I broke up with my boyfriend. Heart-wrenching, but it had to be done. I did eat leftover chicken enchiladas on Friday night, that I made from a whole chicken that I roasted in my crockpot.

The Marie Claire article, imo, was disgusting. Any possible positivity (everyone should make healthier choices) was lost in the author's harsh judgmental comments about how fat ppl disgust her. You can't shame someone into a healthy lifestyle. Ppl are more likely to be unhealthy (fad diets, binge eating, etc) if they believe that they are "gross".
Dave77459 said…
I like the orange in your outfit, but suspect it is a heinous tip-o-da-hat to some "school" in Florida. I am disapproving merely on suspicion.

I "like" how your necklace color shifts. By "like", I mean "please ask Waffle to return your camera".

And, out of the blue, your bollard photo made me think of those geocaches you thunk'd about doing during your Birthday Week. Did you ever search for them?

Other than that, I am glad it is a new week because during the week you appear in pictures and that makes me happy. You look well.
hillary said…
Dave H the necklace does color shift. It is a bit blown out but it is a few different colors. My Dave has taken over the apartment with plans and models I can't find anything!

We haven't gotten to them. To be honest we aren't going to do much between now and December 22nd. The end is in sight but dear lord I am so ready for him to be done with school we don't even have time to get groceries. I don't know how to drive either.
hillary said…
Oh DaveH my bday it was pouring then we went to NYC then to NH so we never got to them. Sorry left that part out. I did coerce him into doing something tomorrow night. I will report back because it is SO unlike us and hilarious.
Dave77459 said…
"So unlike us" -- sounds very intriguing. December 22 can't come soon enough, eh?
Lisa said…
I love the orange and brown, especially with your hair color it looks so good. I had lots of good meals over the weekend too, even though I had to cook all mine. My husband has no cooking skills. He almost burnt down our kitchen making grilled cheese. I'm super envious of the shaped pancakes, Dave's got talent!

I have not read the Marie Claire article, but I will now.
Marianne said…
Wow, your hair looks especially gorgeous... Love it!
Courtney said…
I really like this outfit, but I especially love your hair! It looks fantastic. Your hair is what my hair aspires to be. : )

Loving the Reflection
Aly said…
Just wanted to say, the outfit is super cute, and orange looks great on you!

Totally agree the Marie Clare article was horrible, I can't believe they allowed her to post that.
Durham said…
Your hair is awesome! And I like your boots.
Dave77459 said…
I know you haven't seen this blogged response to the Marie Claire magazine article. I thought you would like it.