Philosophy Trick or Treat Lip Duo REVIEW

Did you go nuts over seasonal flavors? I do for fall flavors. Pumpkin and caramel apple specifically. Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider, Godiva Pumpkin and Apple Spice truffles get a lot of my business in the fall. I stalk places until they arrive mid September or October. My husband knowing my love got me the Philosophy Trick or Treat Lip Duo with Caramel Apple and Pumpkin Spice Muffin!




The glosses are sheer with just a hint of color.




The glosses have a nice slip and just a very slight gloss tack (I actually enjoy it. Just a tiny little stick) they have a slight shimmer but no shimmer grit at all! (I hate shimmer grit so much!)

The pumpkin flavor smells exactly like a Pumpkin Muffie from Panera. It is mind numbingly wonderful. I honestly reapply 15 times a day just to get a fix. The smell isn't overwhelming and the taste is just lightly pumpkin flavored. It doesn't really color you lips but does have a nice shine.

The caramel apple flavor has a bit more of reddish color with a decent shine. The flavor is a bit sweeter than the pumpkin. It smells like Starbuck's Caramel Apple Cider and tastes similarly.

The set retails for $18 at Sephora. or via their Amazon store. Most Philosophy seasonal products disappear as soon as the holiday is over so I expect it will no longer be sold after next week. Why am I reviewing it then? If you love pumpkin I highly suggest grabbing a set!

Sephora is having their annual 20% off friends and family sale going on now until November 3rd. Online only. Plug in code FF2010 at checkout to save!

Comments

Megan G said…
The pumpkin color is pretty - how's the cinnamon factor on both of them?
hillary said…
I say not very strong on either. I don't dislike cinnamon but I am not in love with it either and I didn't notice it in either. Lemme go dig box out of garbage.


Ok it's an ingredient 3 lines down on pumpkin and the caramel apple doesn't have it at all.

If your looking for caramel apple the morbid the Merrier on etsy has a lipbalm of the flavor! She's awesome too!
Anonymous said…
Okay, those are just plain cute! But, do I really need more lipgloss?

Youbetcha I do!!
Unknown said…
I'm not really a gloss person. I feel like I can almost smell them through the screen, though! I loooove pumpkin spice everything this time of year.
Kenlie said…
I would love this duo! I'm pretty sure I need it. :)