And the winner is....
Thank you all for voting yesterday here and on facebook with what shoes you thought I should wear with this dress. Green was the overwhelming winner. I was shocked people didn't like the black and white, those were the ones I was leaning towards because they matched the 40's feel to the dress.
Dress Tucker for Target 2010
Shoes Michael Kors via 6pm 2010
Sweater Target 2009
Hair do-dad from my childhood
Pink pearl earrings from Waffle. They note said "I am sorry I was bad I plan to do it again"

OK so I have to say this is MUCH shorter than I remember it being in the dressing room. I am very uncomfortable at work seeing these pictures. I stopped at a drugstore for tights and haven't had a chance to throw them on so I have been sitting with a scarf over my legs.

I just don't feel comfortable all around. The skirt is too short. The shoes too high. The flats to wear in between just too flat. BAH I was in mad love with this dress when I bought it. MAD LOVE. I am hoping a pair of opaque tights changes it all for me. A fresh day with them and different shoes and that love affair will rekindle.
What do you do when you are insanely uncomfortable and already at work?
A friend called me out on running around the office in silver flats. "hey those weren't an option" DOH! They are under my desk I swear. I just felt like I was so over the top with the tiny hemline and 4 or 5 inch heels that go CLOMP CLOMP
Dress Tucker for Target 2010
Shoes Michael Kors via 6pm 2010
Sweater Target 2009
Hair do-dad from my childhood
Pink pearl earrings from Waffle. They note said "I am sorry I was bad I plan to do it again"
OK so I have to say this is MUCH shorter than I remember it being in the dressing room. I am very uncomfortable at work seeing these pictures. I stopped at a drugstore for tights and haven't had a chance to throw them on so I have been sitting with a scarf over my legs.
I just don't feel comfortable all around. The skirt is too short. The shoes too high. The flats to wear in between just too flat. BAH I was in mad love with this dress when I bought it. MAD LOVE. I am hoping a pair of opaque tights changes it all for me. A fresh day with them and different shoes and that love affair will rekindle.
What do you do when you are insanely uncomfortable and already at work?
A friend called me out on running around the office in silver flats. "hey those weren't an option" DOH! They are under my desk I swear. I just felt like I was so over the top with the tiny hemline and 4 or 5 inch heels that go CLOMP CLOMP
Comments
When I feel uncomfortable I try not to get up from my desk as if it is a way to hide from the world. I guess that's why I sit at my desk so much.
*punches palm*
But, I totally get you.
Whenever that happens to me, I just try to glue myself to my chair all day.
Maybe the dress has a little fabric at the seam that you can let down ? Or you can add some lace ?
:)
YOU know what this office is like I am in constant fear of appropriatenessosity
So I guess... feel better you have a desk to hide under a little? lol
I think the dress is very cute and doesn't LOOK like the hemline is too short, but I understand what you mean about it feeling too short.
If I'm out and feel uncomfortable I try to be very cautious about hems or pulling or tugging. I usually trying things on before hang or plan a bit because I hate being uncomfortable.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
The dress really does flatter you, though. :-)
I always keep an extra cardigan in my closet just in case I feel uncomfortable/cold or in the event what I now refer to as "The Coffeegate Incident of '09" ever occurs. I don't have back up shoes though . . . which I probably should acquire.
I like the idea of lace, but rather than sewing lace to the skirt, maybe do lace on a slip underneath, and also try the leggings, both together with the lace and seperately.
I have the benefit of working next to a shopping centre, so I have been known to make a mad dash to Ardene for tights, Sears for a slip, or a random kiosk for a scarf!
And let the world know I LOVE CLOGS. I own 10 plus pairs and my mom and I are huge clog loves. I particularity love wooden clogs.
Thanks so much everyone! Dave is so sewing some lace onto it for me. I tried it with a lace slip and it was too "my slip is hanging out" and not enough "This is part of the dress"
Oh and I don't know if you all want to know this but I did as always have pettipants under this! Black with lace trim if we are getting technical.
(Also, been reading for a while, possibly my first time commenting.)
Here is my uncomfortableness story from this week. I got dressed in the semi-dark on Monday, in casual stuff because I had no meetings or anything that day. Mid-day I saw myself in the ladies room mirror and realized that my black bra was semi-visible through my light top. I just went back to my office and hoped no one was looking at my chestal region and vowed not to do it again.
The thing is, I will. I will forget and wear a skirt that I know I hate or a black bra with a pale top. I am dorky that way.