It would appear I only shop at 2 places. Target and Marc Jacobs.
Top, Skirt 2010, Necklace 2009 all Target
Ring, Shoes, Jacket Marc Jacobs (jacket via Gilt)
Earrings H&M (8 years ago?!)
I am wearing this little jacket at work.
Accessories
In trying to stay in a black and white palette I did silver and white eye makeup.
Remember how I said about a year ago that I wasn't really buying things. I was only buying things now that I LOVE. I wasn't going to get anymore "cause its on sale" or "I will wear it for something" Only things that I loved. Things I knew I would wear. This skirt is one of those things. I passed on it twice and I couldn't get it out of my head. I just wanted it so badly. Finally I broke down and they had it but not in "my size" but it was on sale! Score. $15 bucks for a lined pencil skirt. I got "one size up" meaning I fit into the size down and its a lower number and I like that. (shut up) this one is loose in the waist which is a bit hard because I don't have hip and I can slide it around BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? I can sit down and I don't feel discomfort. Come on ladies how many of you wear something that is fine when standing and walking but the second you sit down it HURTS? I can't be the only one.
I got a pedicure yesterday. I have to say they are WORTH EVERY PENNY. I have been doing my own all summer and one visit to her and it is like I have new feet. Also polish lasts over a month on my toes when she does it. I have a long standing policy with myself that I don't get manicures or pedicures with a polish color I own. I always pick something I don't have so I can say to myself "well I didn't have that color" at least BUT Lincoln Park After Dark. A manicurist is so much better at applying that color on my hands and toes. It is also my favorite polish of all time and I have gone through 4 bottles(not including the salon's bottle) in the 5 years it has been out. Dave knows it too. He goes OH Lincoln Park! If you haven't ever seen it in person it is the darkest purple red color. It looks black in photos but it isn't. When light hits it, it is KAPOW. I did my nails last night too. The polish is very teal and the stars are shimmery purple silver. I feel like they are Wonder Woman nails.
Please pardon the little bit of clear polish coming off pinky. I am embarrassed. I thought I got it all but my apt is so dark!
Do you have any plans for this weekend? It is tax free weekend in taxachusettes. I think I am required to support my local businesses.
A small PS.
I apologize but I am going to shamelessly plug that I am in the Mad Men Casting Call contest and you can vote once per day until September. I WANT TO WIN. It takes two clicks. One on the link. (which I also put in the top right sidebar of my blog) and another click on the "vote" button below my photo.
So please vote early and often.
Thanks you all so much in advance
Comments
My plan this weekend is to paint our new house and MOVE INTO IT. Seriously. Finally. The roofers finally mosied on down to our house like they were supposed to do weeks ago, so we can move in now! Hooray!
Also: super in love with your nails. The stars on blue is lovely.
I love your nails, both sets! The stars are super cute.
I do the complete opposite when I get a manicure and pedicure - I take my own polish so they do both and then when I need touch ups in between visits I can do my own !
And I always size up in pencil skirts.
Anyway, it's a fabulous skirt and looks great on you. :)
Felicitiy campus tan on Huntington. They only have two seats but I've always been very pleased leaving there.
And those nails...so, so awesome. :)
I will also buy things a bit loose so that they are comfy for oh, I don't know...LIVING. :-P Smart lady, you are!
Glad you got a pedicure! They're awesome! I would get them more often if A. I had the money and B. I was allowed to wear open-toe shoes to work so people could actually SEE the pretty toes. Eh. Whatever.