REVIEW Aveeno Positively Nourishing.

photo 2.JPG

A few weeks ago Lucky Magazine partnered with Aveeno and gifted me with 2 new items from their Positively Nourishing line.

The Positively Nourishing Hydrating Body Wash in Fig and Shea Butter. First off lets talk about the smell. Oh my sweet fig does it smell good. I could smell it while it was still in the package. I have to say I have never smelled a fig before so I don't know if it smells like it's name but I can say it is a lovely smell and not at all over powering. The smell only lasts a little bit after your shower but if you sniffle your arm real hard you can smell the delicate lingering effects. It foams up nicely and leaves you nice and clean feeling without drying you our or leaving you with a sticky residue. It is moisturizing in that my skin no longer has that itchy dry feeling I was rocking for a few weeks before using this. My husband liked it so much he kinda commandeered it. Because as I said it isn't strongly scented after he really likes it because his workplace is "scent free" but not many people enjoy washing with scent free soap because in my mind scent is an indicator you did a good job. (I know that make no sense) My dad uses a special soap that is for hunters (he uses it year round!) that is supposed to remove all traces of scent and I hate using it when I am at his house!

Next up I tried the Positively Nourishing 24 hour Ultra-Hydrating Whipped Souffle in Shea and Cocoa Butter. This oh where do I start. IT SMELLS WONDERFUL. Not overly delicious smelling (in the way cocoa butter can. Like you want to eat it) it is more subtle and it doesn't overly linger. It is very smooth and smooshy and I have been slathering it all over my legs which  hates everything. Everything gives me a rash on them. This does not! I can actually apply it RIGHT after shaving which I can't do with many other products. It dries very quick and leaves no sticky lotion feeling. The backs of my hands are so soft I pet them like they are little apricots. Dave liked this product as well. He has DH a skin issue and he has to be careful with products and he has not had any flare ups and his hands have stopped cracking.

I will be buying both products again when we run out. While I did get them for free I was not asked to positively review them nor do I receive any compensation other than the free product. I genuinely liked them and think they are affordable and deliver the results they promise in their name. They retail for about $8 (really depends on where you live. Here things can be up to $3 more) and it  can be found in most drug stores (see where you can get it online here). Sign up on their site right now and you can get a coupon for $3 off two products!

See my review also over on Lucky Style Spotter in the Alpha Shopper section.

Comments

Emily Kennedy said…
Woot! I use the same exact product, except I use the Calming Wash, which is scented with Lavender and Chamomile. Like you said, the scents are not at all overpowering, just quite nice and soothing. And the product is really amazing for being a drugstore find. Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes this good stuff.
LaShaune said…
OOOOh - will be going to get some this evening. I use the Positively Radiant daily scrubbing cleanser and creamy cleanser (alternating days), plus the Nourish shampoo and conditioner. I may be 2-3 yrs shy of 40, but folks swear I look like jail bait!

It's da bomb!
Sheila said…
I use the Stress Relief, same as Emily, I think - it's a new purchase for me (I love anything with lavender in it) and I LOVE it. You're right, just enough scent while you're using it and it doesn't linger afterwards (but I kept getting wee whiffs of it).

I also use the Aveeno Clear Complexion foaming cleanser on my face (it squirts out foam with a nice little pump) - it removes all my makeup without drying out my skin. Great stuff.
laniza said…
I'm always on the look out for a new body wash to try. I'll have to see if I can find it at my local drugstore. Great review!
hillary said…
if we got together we'd be a room smelling of awesome!

Shelia. SHHH don't tell dave about foam face wash. He is OBSESSED with foam soap products.