REVIEW CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Kit in NATURAL

This is the second kit CoverGirl sent me (see the CHAIR they sent me here!) Remember last week when I reviewed the Shadow Blast kit in BOLD? Well here is the second kit the NATURAL one.

Picnik collage

This kit is made up of a combo of rich brown and golden shades.

Picnik collage

Lash Blast Mascara in Brown
Smoky Shadow Blast in Bronze Fire
Line Exact Liquid Liner in Brown

My review on the shadow is the same as last time.

"I am going to quote MYSELF here and say (because I still feel the same way).....
"The directions say to rub Step 1 all over your eye to the brow bone and then put Step two in the crease and along the last line. Easy peasy. I didn't even blend it. It went on like a grease pencil or thick lipstick. It has a creamy consistency. I would put a eye shadow primer first because a few hours later I had definite creasing.
I am pleased with it (minus the creasing) and it really is a very easy and fast smoky eye. I can see throwing this is my purse for an instant new look if I was going out after work or just apply one of the two sides midday if I need a makeup refresh."
The mascara gave my lashes volume with being cakey or spider leggy. My husband while staring at me said "I can see them getting bigger!" I apologize I forgot to take a picture of the liner. You can see it above in the package. It is like a fine tip felt tip pen. It gives you a nice small line."

But what is different than last time is the COLOR. While I liked the blue smoky eye I LOVE this bronzey brown kit. The color is just gorgeous and I honestly think it would look good on every eye color. It would look really great on brown! (Is it weird I've always wished I had brown eyes? I know mine is "rare" but man do I love  brown eyes!) The liner is a rich golden brown and went on smoother than the last grey one. It seemed to be more pigmented and just had a lot of KAPOW power. (I really wish I was better at eye makeup photography. This is the best of the 73 photos I took.)

Picnik collage

I liked how this color combo made for a subtle smoky eye that you can get away with during the day even in the summer. Shimmery fun.

4749130942_74dd301414_b

If you are looking for tips on how to create your own smoky eye check out Smoky Eye Looks for how to videos and step by steps.

Stay tuned for the CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast kit in GLAMOROUS! I can't wait to crack that baby open! Make sure to enter my CoverGirl Sponsored Walmart gift card giveaway!

PS I read once that Bette Davis said the secret to the Bette Davis eyes was brown mascara! Score! Maybe this will be my new go to.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That color is beauiful and really flattering with your hair and skin tone- gorgeous!
DanaElayne said…
This color is prettiful on you! I love the warmth!
Kenlie said…
Wow, stunning...I like this look...a lot.
Casey said…
I don't wear much make-up, but I would try this.

Did you get your bangs trimmed? They look just ever so slightly shorter.
Anyway- cute!
hillary said…
Thanks everyone. I really liked these colors which I never would of imagined. I usually prefer a more over the top look. My dream is to take a makeup class from a queen.