REVIEW CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Kit in BOLD

The amazing people over at CoverGirl sent me an awesome package of some of their Smoky Shadow Blast to try. Over the next few days I will review different contents of that box. I was gifted these items but I was asked to give an honest review. I have previously reviewed these Shadow Blasts that I had purchased myself.
Let me show you how big the box was. Look at my hand for size. (You will find out why the box was so big tomorrow)

IMG_1221

How did they know I LOVE DREW BARRYMORE! I can't even tell you as a highschooler how many times I watched Poison Ivy.

IMG_1249

The first kit I am going to review is the "Bold" smokey eye look. It contained the following items.

blue kit edited

Lash Blast Mascara in Very Black
Smoky Shadow Blast in Tempest Blue
Line Exact Liquid Liner in Smoke

I am going to quote MYSELF here and say (because I still feel the same way).....
"The directions say to rub Step 1 all over your eye to the brow bone and then put Step two in the crease and along the last line. Easy peasy. I didn't even blend it. It went on like a grease pencil or thick lipstick. It has a creamy consistency. I would put a eye shadow primer first because a few hours later I had definite creasing.
I am pleased with it (minus the creasing) and it really is a very easy and fast smoky eye. I can see throwing this is my purse for an instant new look if I was going out after work or just apply one of the two sides midday if I need a makeup refresh."
The mascara gave my lashes volume with being cakey or spider leggy. My husband while staring at me said "I can see them getting bigger!" I apologize I forgot to take a picture of the liner. You can see it above in the package. It is like a fine tip felt tip pen. It gives you a nice small line.

Step 1
STEP 1 Edited
Step 2
step 2 edited
Mascara
Mascara Edited

It is also 92 degrees today and my sweat and melt proof foundation by another company COMPLETELY melted by the time I got to work. Honestly hardly anything is gonna look perfect in 90% humidity. You also couldn't see the creasing unless I stood there with my eyes closed. I just tapped it a little with my index finger and it looked as good as new.

The result. Think it is as good as Drew ;)
IMG_1307
Full on shot?

Stay tuned for a surprise later. That is all I am saying.

Comments

david said…
It’s funny how you get use to seeing certain people certain ways. When I looked at the box last night I didn’t “see” Drew. Today on your blog in an internet picture, ooh it’s Drew. But I’m slow anyway.
The makeup is lovely and you look as pulled together as always today.
Emily Kennedy said…
Wow! That is a humongous kit! This will be fun!
Chelsea said…
omg that box is huuuuuge! can't wait to see why :) and this review is great... I love the blues on you with your lovely red hair :)
hillary said…
how did you not see her she is LIFE SIZE. She is sooo cute too. We are so keeping the box.
Lorena said…
How exciting !
I also love Drew.... its almost like we grew up together...
Lisa said…
Wow, Drew is huge! You should save the box and then you can have Drew around all the time.

I always love your reviews, they're very helpful and I feel like you're a trustworthy person and you review things I can actually afford/obtain. I'm really excited to see what the surprise is!
hillary said…
Since you all took the time to comment I will show you a preview. People who just read post won't see unless they click comments. heee
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1147/4729729709_167f0c7259.jpg
EvaNadine said…
holy crap, hillary, that package (contents AND packaging) are sheer awesomocity!
i bought one of these sets after your last review. i quite like the ease of it, but i dont think i chose the correct color palette for myself (i chose the green/brown set). i would definitely try another color set, though.
Bridgett said…
wow, i really like the effect, very pretty! tempted to buy it now.
Kenlie said…
Whoa! That box is HUUUUGE! I'd be in h-e-a-v-e-n! Envy...just envy...

Can you just come to NY and teach me how to make my eyes look like that? Please?
C said…
I love this stuff, but I've found that the dual-sided shadow blast thing, the crayon-like parts come out from the package way too easy. :(
Anonymous said…
Holy cow, was Drew actually IN THAT BOX?! That thing is huge! Honestly, when I saw the photos of the product itself it looked super blue and I was a little worried about how it was going to end up looking on, but girl, you look amazing! Wow!
Marie said…
How fun, love the review and the pretty color~
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Lisa said…
Thanks for the preview! I'm looking forward to the full post!
Kelly said…
These colors look great on you! I was wondering what that huge box was about when I saw the pic yesterday! (I am really behind in my reader though so many you posted it a couple days ago and I just saw it yesterday)
hillary said…
Kelly I just posted it yesterday so you aren't behind! OH you mean the sneak on my tumblr? yeah that was Wednesday night.
hillary said…
Omg, how do I get that box? I'm a Drew collector & I would LOVE to have it. Also a HUGE Poison Ivy fan. Details please!!
hillary said…
I was sent it by Covergirl. This was a year ago and it's long gone. Try ebay?
hillary said…
I browse ebay, haven't seen one. If you ever decide to sell it please let me know. I'm in the process of uploading my Drew collection to flickr. You can check it out here if you're interested: www.flickr.com/photos/drewsevolution Thanks :)
hillary said…
As I said before it's long gone I don't have it anymore. Sorry.