A post in which I show just how crazy a cat lady I am.

I am so that lady. The librarian who wears glasses always falling down her nose, covered in cat hair, showing you pictures of her kitten on her cell phone. My only saving grace is I have a husband who loves me for it.

A few weeks ago I was perusing Etsy late at night and I came across. Ophelia's Apothecary and this photo for her pink sugar lip balm.


I proclaimed to Dave who was knee deep in homework. "KITTEN TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Dave laughed because he saw it too. It looks just like Waffle's toes.
Introducing

Waffle's toes change from almost white to a dark pink depending on how riled up she is. When she is being her doucheist they are the cutest hot pink color. We picked her based on her toes. Daisyboo is an all black cat even her gums are black. When Dave's boss' cat had kittens we said save us one with PINK TOES!!
In my probably should of been in bed state due to the late hour, I decided it was an AMAZING idea to email the shops owner with the above picture of Waffle and ask if she would be willing to make a custom lip balm for Waffle's first birthday (and giveaway) coming up! I explained to her I wouldn't be offended if she thought I was insane but could she make one where she just changed the color "name" to "kitten toes" Not only did she say yes, she went on my blog and found a PICTURE OF HER and put her on her normal label.

When it showed up on Friday I was over the moon. Not only was it friggin adorable but man oh man the formula is OUT OF THIS WORLD.
IMG_0364IMG_0367

It smells just like a cupcake! (which happens to be Waffle's favorite thing in the world. Don't worry we asked the vet a little frosting is FINE) She was quite smitten with the smell.
sniffing

It is so silky smooth and your lips are literally soft for hours. It has to be one of the best lip balms I have ever used. (And I own $45 La Mer balm. Seriously this is better)

Since we wanted to take a picture Waffle's toes were not cooperating. Usually when they are very pink she is being insane and wouldn't sit still long enough. But you get the idea.
IMG_0349
kitten toes

Being a model is hard work.
IMG_0356

I would highly recommend Ophelia's Apothecary. The balm and customer services are A+. I am sure some have lost what little respect they had for me. All I can say is you must not be owned by a kitten. My future kids are SCREWED.


P.S yes I did leave the plastic sleeve on the lip balm and I knew someone's eagle eye would notice that. I want to save it forever and ever. Only four of these lip balms exist! I had Dave carefully cut the label at the cap so I could leave it on mine.

Comments

thank you so so much for your kind words! i absolutely loved creating for you...and waffles! hope she has a fabulous birthday! blessings, ophelia
Emily Kennedy said…
That is SO awesome! You have waffle toe lip balm!
Ellen said…
I am crazy for Ophelia's lip balm, and I'm so not surprised that she went all the way with the kitten toes. She's such a wonderful, sweet person.
Kelly said…
Um, this has to be one of the most adorable things ever. Waffle lip balm. I hope your giveaway is for Waffle lip balm because I would be honored to carry that around with me! You know I'd be showing everyone I know "LOOK it's called kitten toes!"
Unknown said…
OA is awesome ... :)
ginny said…
Not at all surprised that OA went for the Kitten Toes lip tints idea --- she's just utterly awesome like that :D As an aficionado of kitten toes in general, I'm just delighted by this entire post :D
KilaRohner.com said…
Waffle is adorable! And I'm also such a big fan of Ophelia's lip balm. My lips can't go long without it.
Stefka said…
This has to be one of my favorite posts! I think I'm lucky that I adopted my cat (Milo) last year as an adult cat - I don't think I could have survived the exponentially high cuteness that must have been his kittenhood. (He's always doing things like falling asleep with his belly exposed, feet up in the air.) I was telling him the other morning (out loud of course!) that if anything happens to him, I think there would be no choice but to get a couple of kittens because that's the only way to even come close to duplicating the sweetness he brings to my life. Anyway, I love your Waffle/Daisyboo posts! (And - always great to know about awesome etsy sellers!)
That is soooo cool! :D
Jess said…
So so so so cute!! I love it almost as much as Waffle's cute pink toes. That is one of my favorite things about Coco, too (I even took a picture of her toes this weekend, because they were so cute and pink).
Lorena said…
OMGGGGG How cute Hillary !
Call me crazy but I love to smell my dogs' paws and they smell like Cheetos!
Nana Erin said…
I could die. That is adorable. And you are crazy.
Candycane said…
That is hilarious and yet amazing at the same time - I can't believe they mae one up for you and waffles - how great is that!!??!!!

Just Fab :D

Sal xXx