Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Commander in Chic REVIEW

I have rattled on before about my love of putty or wet cement nail colors. Whether they be more on the gray side or more on the brown side. Not to be braggart but the trend is just catching up with me. I have been on the hunt for the perfect shade for a few years but I am glad it's a "trend" now because it is easier for me to find them!
Some of my favorites are:
Mouse by American Apparel (on me here)
Essie Mink Muffs (on me here)
Recycle by China Glaze
You Don't Know Jacques by OPI (on my toes here)

I recently gave my Mouse to my grandmother (see her wearing it here) and that left a big ol putty colored hole in my life until I could get to American Apparel. Yesterday while at Target my loving and attentive husband picked out Commander in Chic by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure.
IMG_9292
This is the third color I have bought from this line. Their claim is that it it is 5 steps in one bottle.
"Base Coat, Strengthener, Growth Treatment, Color, Top Coat"
Unlike their normal line which has been nothing but trouble for me, I really like this line. I find that it stays on longer than their regular line and it doesn't need a top coat. (I still apply it sometimes if I want that extreme glossy look) and doesn't stain your nails like other line does. The color is just so perfect to me. It is that perfect undefinable grey/brown/putty/cement with a tinge of purple. The polish retails for around $6.49 (depending on where you live) and can be bought at most drugstores or Targets.


OH and remember how I gushed about Chanel polish in Nouvelle Vague a few weeks ago? I hope you got it if you wanted it! It is now SOLD OUT! See I get you guys on to it just in the nick of time!

Comments

Lisa said…
I like that color a lot. I got the neon green one (can't remember the exact name now). I liked the polish a lot and thought it wore well, but I found the brush to be kind of awkward. I think my next nail polish purchase will be something blue, your last review made me realize I have a serious deficit of blue polish.
Lorena said…
This is nice...
and YES I was one of those who bought the Nouvelle Vague nail polish because of YOU- thanks :)
Kristen said…
I didn't love the You Don't Know Jacques on me, but you are the second person to wear the Commander in Chic, and I am loving it. I think I will give it a try...