Unconventional collectibles I'm blue da ba dee

Not totally unconventional but it made for a good title. Tiny apartment (300 sq ft) living makes you collect things that don't take up much space.
Full photo
I collect blue nail polish. That collection slowly morphed to me collecting blue greens, then on to the greens. I still actively remember my first bottle of powder blue nail polish. It was the early 90's and my mom and I bought that and a lilac at a Claire's type store. For the past few years I have been on the hunt for the perfect light blue polish and the perfect teal or as I like to call it mermaid blue.
blues 1
blues 2
blues 3

Lately I have been gravitating to the greens.
greens one
greens two
Some are great some I should honestly pitch. This one for example.

As with all my photos, someone tried to help.
blue nail polsih 019
What is your favorite nail color?
Deep dark colors or blue is mine. I don't think unconventional colors aren't work appropriate if you dress in a neat and tidy manner. I also wouldn't walk around with large chips. I think part of what makes it work OK is keeping it looking nice. Tiny chips are one thing, I mean the ones that are half your nail. I don't know if I would wear it to an interview though, I might...

Comments

Lorena said…
O M G .... that's a LOT of nail polish !
I usually wear them French manicure but lately it's old and boring.... right now my nails are Apple Miny by Essie...
I think you have made a point, you have to balance the funky nails with something work appropiate :)
Cool pictures! I also really like blue nail polish. My favorite one is a tiny bottle with Hello Kitty on it. I actually used it last night on my toes and thought of you! It's the color of the OPI one on the left hand side of your second picture.
hillary said…
Lorena this is just the blues and greens
I have at least 3 times this much. Last lineup photo last bottle is essie mint candy apple. I wrote a review about it and it gets me an insane amount of traffic of people googling the color. I guess others appreciate a mint green!

Suz I think I have that! I don't know where it is. I have a little set of them like 5 or 6?
Raquelita said…
Your collection is epic! My favorite colors for toenails are the blue/green family and I love purples for my nails. I don't paint mine that often anymore, though, because I hate chipped nail polish and I find it hard to make time for the upkeep.
hillary said…
historiadora My only advice for prolonging is. Say no to cheap polish. (it is a sad fact most chip quick) lightly buff and seche vite top coat. It is magic. Dries in minutes and makes them hard.
Marianna said…
This is amazing! I don't paint my finger nails much anymore (too lazy) but I love blue polish on my toes!
Anonymous said…
I'm totally getting a new pedi this week and totally going blue in your honor.
Beatrice said…
Gaaah! Thanks, Hillary, now I got that darn song in my head. Now I can't stop dancing.
Amie said…
I am so jealous of all your lovely green nail polish! I've been desperately coveting a nice deep forest green lately, but unfortunately I can't afford any that are actually worth buying.
hillary said…
Amie Have a yard sale! That is what I plan to do soon to make some mad money. Or set up an etsy store.

clo in my honor eh? How about on my feet?
Marnie Grace said…
I have a navy blue nail polish that I really love but, even with a base coat, I find it stains my nails. I can't remember the brand. Can you recommend good blues that don't stain?

My fav nail polish is a classic red with no sparkles.
hillary said…
if you click the link in the above post you can see I had that problem! smurf hands

For dark I would say OPI russian navy it has to be one of the best colors ever.
Adeline said…
Ha, I have so many of these! One of my favorites is OPI's Suzi Says Feng Shui, I immediately recognized it. Any you'd recommend to me? -Adeline

justanoldfashionedgal.blogspot.com
hillary said…
adeline
OPI blue my mind is one of my faves its a regular crayon blue with shimmer in the blue top lineup photo it is the 4th one.

Essie
Shelter Island is a beautiful powder blue in the second blue lineup its the last one on the right of the claires