CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast REVIEW
I had wanted to try this eyeshadow duo since I first saw the ad of Drew Barrymore wearing it in a magazine a short while back. I picked it up at CVS yesterday and it was buy one get one 50% off.

What it is is a double ended shadow stick with coordinating colors to create a instant and easy smoky eye. I picked it up in Silver Sky. One end is silver and one a dusky purple.


The directions say to rub Step 1 all over your eye to the brow bone and then put Step two in the crease and along the last line. Easy peasy. I didn't even blend it. It went on like a grease pencil or thick lipstick. It has a creamy consistency. I would put a eye shadow primer first because a few hours later I had definite creasing.
No makeup

With shadow.
Opened

Closed

I have no other makeup in these photos. Just the shadow. I don't even have mascara on. I am pleased with it (minus the creasing) and it really is a very easy and fast smoky eye. I can see throwing this is my purse for an instant new look if I was going out after work or just apply one of the two sides midday if I need a makeup refresh.
What it is is a double ended shadow stick with coordinating colors to create a instant and easy smoky eye. I picked it up in Silver Sky. One end is silver and one a dusky purple.
The directions say to rub Step 1 all over your eye to the brow bone and then put Step two in the crease and along the last line. Easy peasy. I didn't even blend it. It went on like a grease pencil or thick lipstick. It has a creamy consistency. I would put a eye shadow primer first because a few hours later I had definite creasing.
No makeup
With shadow.
Opened
Closed
I have no other makeup in these photos. Just the shadow. I don't even have mascara on. I am pleased with it (minus the creasing) and it really is a very easy and fast smoky eye. I can see throwing this is my purse for an instant new look if I was going out after work or just apply one of the two sides midday if I need a makeup refresh.
Comments
I have the oiliest skin ever, and whatever make-up I put on is usually gone or running by the time I get home from work, so I'm wondering how well it stays put.
I'm oily. 3 products I love that keep me from creasing.
(it's been 13 hours today and no crease) is urban decay primer potion
but two profits I like even better in order of best
is Mary Kay eye primer i read about it and I can attest it's cheap and it friggin awesome. It's the only thing I use by them.
Mac paint. Get the tube. It'll last you years as it comes in colors and it's awesome I wear it alone all the time I have it in stilife a soft shimmer beige. Your shadow wot budge. The Mary Kay Is cheaper and colorless but I swich up because I like how mac is shimmery.
I had not seen this product... i like the approach.
It looks much simpler and faster than the "usual"
smokey eye steps... good purchase.
I was very disappointed. :(