It was Professor Plum in the library with the wooden shoe

Today well today is interesting. NOTHING is coming out right. I was trying to combine too many things into a couple pictures. I have an article I am writing for another site and I was trying to use this photo for that but I honestly needed to take two photos, one with boots for that site and one with the shoes I am really wearing for today.
Here is the boots I only wore to get TO work. It is still the middle of winter here.
USED THIS ONE

So this is what I am wearing right at this moment at work.
Picture 269

I didn't like how the first ones at home came out. But you can see the brown turtleneck and 3 layered necklaces in this one.
Picture 211

And I got this badass cuff that Loft and Lucky magazine gifted me from the upcoming Spring 2010 collection. I mean COME ON. I feel like a superhero in this thing. I already had an Ann Taylor stores problem. They are only encouraging me. (Random fact Dave used to work for Ann Taylor. Hence my problem. I got staff discount back then!)
The cuff isn't on the site yet so I can't link it. I believe they said it it will be out in March.
Picture 224

Really you can't see my makeup in any of those. So here is a makeup shot.
Picture 220

But if we are being honest I only care about the shoes.
7954-273159-p

There you have it.
Dress (2008) Banana Republic
Hoodie (2008) Old Navy
Turtleneck that is ruched a little (2007) Target
Brown stripey tights (2008) Vera Wang Kohls
SHOES Michael Kors 6pm. I got them last week on sale for $24.99 which was 89% off the original price (not my personal best actually. That was Loft 96% off) They are $26 which is still 85% off now but they are still an insanely good deal if you are interested in wood soled 5 inch platform heels!
Necklaces Mark by Avon (2008)
Cuff Gifted from Lucky Magazine and Loft

I said it before but I will say it until the cows come home because Dave thinks I should. I probably will just not tell you at all if I got an item and I don't like it. I'd rather just quietly reply to them that it wasn't up to my standards. It has just worked out that the few things I have been given lately I have loved. I don't want you to think I am plugging anyone that I don't support. I as always will only be honest with you. (Honest to a fault at times but hey that is what makes me interesting read.)

OH MAKEUP you want to know what I am wearing. (Thanks for the reminder Heather)
Eyeshadow. Again from the Alice in Wonderland by Urban Decay palette. I have Curiouser over entire lid and Queen on the cuter half. For eyeliner I smudge Permaplum eyeliner from MAC on upper and lower lid. For blush I have on Coaralista from Benefit. Lips was a limited edition Red Dazzleglass from MAC from last year.

What are you wearing today? And what are you having for lunch?!
I mean really that is what is most important.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm wearing straight leg/semi skinny jeans, a fushia short sleeved camp shirt with puffy shoulders, a black cardi, and leopard print ballet flats.

I'm probably having a protein bar or a salad for lunch. I've lost 20lbs in the past couple of months basically doing all the cliche things.....eating less, moving more, drinking loads of water, and cutting most carbs. The boy I'm dating (who is already in pretty good shape) is starting to work out more, so my goal is to lose at least another 20 by my birthday (June) so we can be all hot together.
EvaNadine said…
you can refer to my outfit post for todays outfit.
lunch is gonna be leftover California Pizza Kitchen pizza. i almost always get either the BBQ chicken pizza on the honey-wheat dough or else the BBQ chicken salad with avocado + extra BBQ sauce.
this time, though, i broke out of my rut + got the goat cheese, bell pepper + carmelized onion pizza (no eggplant) on the honey-wheat dough.
goat cheese on a pizza?
FOODGASM.
Anonymous said…
I came SO CLOSE to nabbing those shoes from 6pm. Glad you got 'em!
Becky said…
The shoes look SO GOOD! I'm having carrots and a granola bar for lunch (blahville). I'm not trying to starve myself...I've been munching on pretzels at my desk since this morning, and my boyfriend and I are going to Dave & Busters tonight for dinner, which everything there has like a quadrillion calories, so. yeah.

That cuff is awesome!
I love that paisley print. The colors are awesome.

I'll have photos up later of my outfit but I'm wearing a top with a vest, tweed shorts and some plaid tights that were ripped when I opened them yesterday and I told them HAH I'm wearing you anyways and hiding the ripped part in my boots. Take that, tights.

Lunch is a big yummy salad, what are you having?
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said…
One thing I appreciate about you is that I 'know' you are telling the truth and I think being very diplomatic when you say you only plug the things you really love. I can get on board with that.

You look great and I would be shamed to show you my winter boots that never made their way off my feet this morning! I'm wearing them and a rather uninspired black and green ensemble while eating a tuna salad sandwich. Exciting I know.
Kelly said…
Oo I can't wait to find out what this mystery article is :)

I don't know what I'll have for lunch. There is a Subway right next door to my office so I usually get that, but I am so BORED with Subway. Unfortunately it's Subway or just gross fast food burger stuff. Not much of a choice!
Candycane said…
Love the colours .. esp the purple hoodie!

Im wearing a similar colour today - but for smoe reason it has come out blueish on my pics :'(

xXx
Kenlie said…
I'm not wearing anything note worthy..It's a snow day so I'm working at my kitchen table wearing clothes that I'll work out in shortly.

And now I'm hungry so I think I'll eat something for lunch..not sure what though..

OMG those shoes are insanely hot. I wish I could wear them, but um...not yet. Super hot...

Have I told you that I love your current nail color too? Because I do. Just saying.
Nana Erin said…
I just spent 15 minutes talking myself out of those shoes. I'm on a ban (5 more days!) and I swear, I could die. Those are amazing.
hillary said…
I am an evil lady. They are SO COMFY for reals I have been literally running around my office in them. 5 inch heels and wood and they don't hurt.
I wear shit that hurts because it is cute (to a point) I can see me wearing them a LOT. NO pain.
Emily Kennedy said…
Super LOVE those shoes!

What are you wearing today? And what are you having for lunch?!

I'm wearing flat black lace-up boots, black tights, a gray knit skirt, and an olive green v-neck with a huge black stone necklace that one of my best friends got me from Mexico. I'm all Fraulein with beads or something.
Chelsea said…
Ahhhhhhhh! Those shoes are so freaking awwwwesome! If I didn't have heelaphobia (well over 3" heel-aphobia anyway) I'd SO score them for myself! They look just rad with this combo.

I'm wearing a dark teal cardigan with awesome elbow patches (check out my flickr for a preview, woman!) over a eyeletty tunic OVER skinny brown cords tucked into my rainy day brown boots. Oh and a cutesy goldlike butterfly barrette. And I ate a frozen thingie... which was actually tastier than I anticipated!

Sorry I've been absent :( I love your posts, and it's so awesome that you're getting these awesome things to review! That cuff is all kinds of gorgeous! You're like a power ranger but more glam (you know I only mean that in an amazing envious I want that cuff way, right?).
Anonymous said…
GREAT shoes, what a find!
K said…
Those shoes are insanely awesome. What a great score!

Let's see .. lunch today was leftover spaghetti and meatballs. Yum!
Marie said…
You are the wittiest ever- love this post! I wanted your shoes but not available in my size. Seriously saddened as they are fantastic! Love, love the cuff-
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Happy Chinese New Year giveaway
Stefka said…
Wow - killer shoes!! They give the outfit a fabulous edge.

I wore a version of an interview outfit for the job I recently started. I wore brown boots and tights, brown wool tweed skirt (Ann Taylor on consignment - it's really soft and has a fun wide kick pleat in back!), and dark green t-neck sweater. Kind of boring, but I added a new-ish multi-color striped scarf.

My lunch was a leftover PB sandwich (boring again) but I had a heavenly almond croissant for breakfast!
Absolutely love those shoes!
Anonymous said…
That cuff is quite nice. I agree very superhero-ish.
Anonymous said…
Oh my, I'm loving those shoes! I'm not so sure I could pull them off though.

And I truly couldn't tell you what I ate for lunch yesterday, but I'm guessing it came from the chocolate food group.
Raquelita said…
Holy crap! I love this outfit! I am so envious of those shoes.