Dear spring HURRY UP. Color lust.

I had a lovely reader (and friend!) Heather write in and ask for me to do a post on what trends I am liking right now. I am not big on trends so much anymore because I realized that as a woman in my 30's I need to go with what I love and if a trend comes and it has things that work for my body great, if not don't force it. I probably did a few years ago. I am still working on compiling some outfits but I wanted to share my spring palette.


These are the colors I want to be in this spring.



For my spring wardrobe I am thinking of brown and navy dresses and skirts with lots of hot pink, butter yellow and acid green. This goes back to not forcing a trend. I don't look good in soft colored dresses that always reemerge every spring. I love them but a yellow dress on me is terrible. So instead I want to go with a navy with a princess sleeve butter yellow cardigan. Also this is a good way to have a multi season dress. Come fall I can wear a dark orange sweater with the same navy dress and instantly I am "fall" appropriate.

The AMAZINGLY talented Julie of Rottencupcakes made me this lovely template for my blog. She is a design genius. I told her I wanted "Clean Bauhaus with bunnies".


Side note. Does anyone know the hexadecimal code for a good hot pink? This isn't as neon as I want and I can't seem to find a good one. I want a NEON one.


What colors do you want to incorporate into your spring wardrobe?

Comments

La Loca said…
Any color. My closet is full of black, so the bar is fairly low right now.
Becky said…
Perhaps #FF0066 ? It's called "Broadway Pink" It's quite close to the pink on here though...might not be neon enough for ya.
I am seeing a liking toward lavender, hot pink and red this spring for things in my wardrobe. Sadly though, those three colors dont really mix together quite so well. But on the other hand, they are a nice departure from my normal gray and black
chunkstyle said…
This is a link to a quick and easy hex code color site, just hover over the color you want and you will see the code. I'm pretty sure there's a bright neon pink in there for you.

http://www.ficml.org/jemimap/style/color/wheel.html
EvaNadine said…
im right there with you -- im not going to follow a trend just because its trendy. i try to work with what actually looks good on me. and if theres a trend that i like that works for my body, sure i can incorporate it. but if i dont like it or it doesnt work for me, no thanks!
hillary said…
Backy that is a lot closer than I was getting! Thanks. It still isn't as highlighter as I want but my lovely husband I put through graphic design school has explained the limitations of web colors. heee. Thank you. I am plopping that pink in there and reuploading
hillary said…
OK I replaced it with the new pink what you think?
Kimberly said…
For spring, I not so focus on colors as I am patterns!! There are so many gorgeous patterns out there and my closet is sadly pretty void of much pattern.
Becky said…
I like it! Web colors DO have limits. Goodness, I went through about 6 shades of dusty rose-esque hex codes for the right shade of "inoffensive pink" for my background. Ummm, when I see some sort of sign that it actually WILL get warm again, perhaps I'll start thinking about Spring colors. ;) Actually, I have no idea...I probably won't figure that out until I allow myself to go shopping again!
Anonymous said…
Love the colors! I am definitely one for wearing what colors/styles look good and trying to avoid too many trends. I am all about remixing outfits for all seasons as well-a girl has to do what she can with a limited budget!
Heather said…
Thank you - colour with a u! hehe

I'm actually feeling quite drawn to the navy and lime. Those two feel so fresh to me.
hillary said…
Heather I picked them with your coloring in mind. I think you could easily wear these. I am thinking the darker colors as bases with pops of other colors. Mainly because you can carry the clothes through more seasons and accessories can be cheap. Add a yellow bangle or two. Knowwhatimean?
Kelly said…
I'd like to get some more red. I wore it all the freaking time in high school so I kind of burned out on it and can't pick up something red without feeling 14 again, but I need to get over that because it does look good on me!
Heather said…
You're so awesome. (pulls out notebook and makes important colour notes.) Thank you for the fabulous ideas!
hillary said…
Kelly. Yes more red!

Kimberly I own very few patterns it seems. I was looking last night because a dress went missing and I apparently just am not a big pattern buying. I would of guessed the opposite. But I do have lots and lots of colors. (except peach it seems)