See just how far you can get.

This dress ALMOST got the heave ho. Previous wearings were matronly. The front is just not cut for my shape and well wasn't flattering. BUT then I thought why not leave it open and add a cami?! Genius it is like a new dress. I added a couple old versions below.
Navy dress Isaac Mizrahi
Sweater New York and Co
Earrings gift from Skorch
Navy and black tights layered Hue from Nordstrom. Navy looked weird with the dress and black was boring. Layered they made a midnight navy and it looks great out in the sun.
Cami New York and Co
Nun shoes Clarks
Belt Target
Yes I am wearing my school colors I talked about last week. I can't help if I look good in orange and blue. I blame my hair.
Dress detail and belt
Make up and earrings and sweater top
My gram loves these shoes. I wanted a heel I could wear in winter with skirts but I could walk in. I saw these shoes and fell in love. I know they fall under the ugly shoes category I suffer from. My gram said they were ones like the nuns used to wear then said how much she loved them and wanted a pair. My gram is FASHIONABLE and her endorsement is elusive usually so it means they must be great.
I read an article of top 10 style tips from transvestites somewhere awhile ago. (anyone else read it?) One of them was to wear socks under your tights. PURE GENIUS I have on hot pink argyle ankle socks and it makes SUCH a difference than wearing them over tights. My foot doesn't feel so suffocated.
Comments
2. i love today's outfit, but i also like it buttoned up. i don't think you look to matronly!
thanks for the shoes!
I am probably going to buy those shoes soon, too. I have a brown pair of Enzo Angiolini oxfords that are similar that I love, but I haven't found any in black. The Clarks look perfect.
Love how the dress looks over the cami, and the colour combo is divine.
You can also wear a vest and belt it.... that should give it another feel - and i really like that belt.
Second: What do you think about the "controversy" going around in the blog-sphere about commenting? Just wondering since I so un-eloquently commented once about whether you wanted critique or not. I thought maybe I got the response I did because of how I phrased it. The lovely Audi just posted about it and it was such a relief to read her take. (btw this will be the last time I bring this up, promise.)
Comments haven't been an issue for me. I have only had two bad comments ever (both from same person) and I didn't delete them I have left them up. I did delete one ever in 5 years of blogging but it wasn't mean I just didn't like how I reacted to it.
Asking if you can critique when I have already answered that question from you is just odd. It is like you are asking my permission to be mean or stir up trouble. Since you are asking I will say no. It never would of been an issue if you had said something tactfully, critique or recommendation and left it at that like everyone else does.
Everyone else thank you so much for stopping by and giving me your time and attention I appreciate each one of you.
Kelly I looked for it and I CAN"T find it which maybe it was in a magazine? I dunno.If I find it I will send it your way!