Life is weird. A story about edamame
Dave and I didn't used to do takeout. There just isn't many gluten free restaurant options around and even less gluten free takeout options (one) But we found a place and every Wednesday night we would have dinner late and he would bring home Wagamama. Every Wednesday morning one of us says "WHAT DAY IS IT?" and the other yells "Wagamama Wednesday!!" Some where along the way we were feeling DARING and got edamame. (Appetizers are a thing of the past once you are diagnosed Celiac) We learned we LOVE EDAMAME. LOVE LOVE LOVE. What is not to love. It is a food you play with and HAVE to play with to get the good stuff. Some how (OK I know how but I you might be horrified I let the kitten near my food, not so much LET as somtimes I just give up and let her have it) She likes to come over to the bowl sneak a pod out and she takes off with it. We find edamame in various state of distress all over the floor on Wednesday nights. Sometimes we don't find them for days and there are little petrified pods in your shoes.
Once we even found one with a face on it. I swear to hello kitty we did not do it.

There is a point I promise.
For Christmas "Waffle" got me a Japanese edamame keychain that you can pop.

I took pictures on the 29th and by the time I uploaded them on the 30th it had fallen off my bag. I discovered it when we were in a giant mall. I was so upset I honestly thought I might cry. (I don't cry often. I feel I say that often but I REALLY don't. Note I said I thought I would cry) we didn't find it and we made lots of sad RIP edamame jokes. Dave kept saying how expensive it was and why didn't I keep a better eye on him. (I had actually asked him the day I got it if he could put a lobster clasp on it for me because I didn't trust ball chains)
Fast forward 6 days. We got 3 snow storms, over a foot of snow this past week. Today Dave left late for work because he wanted to go to the barber he forgot it closed on Mondays (why is that?) and so I walked with him after he realized in a totally different direction than I normally walk to the T.
THEN (cue dramatic music)
we get to the cross street to ours and right there in a giant snow bank next to the sidewalk some maintence men were shoveling............. was MR EDAMAME. I yelled it actually.
MY EDAMAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and Dave grabbed him and stuck him in his pocket (he knew I was thinking GERMS GERMMS GERRRRRMSSS)
Dave said "It's kismet kid"
He even took this photo for you and said "I made something for your blogging friends"

This kinda odd stuff happens to me ALL THE TIME. I tend to be a rather unlucky girl but coincidences?? yeah I am very lucky in them. Once I found my limited edition Fall 2007 Alexander McQueen for MAC lipgloss in the spot my car had been parked in the week prior. (I threw it away but STILL)
Once we even found one with a face on it. I swear to hello kitty we did not do it.
There is a point I promise.
For Christmas "Waffle" got me a Japanese edamame keychain that you can pop.
I took pictures on the 29th and by the time I uploaded them on the 30th it had fallen off my bag. I discovered it when we were in a giant mall. I was so upset I honestly thought I might cry. (I don't cry often. I feel I say that often but I REALLY don't. Note I said I thought I would cry) we didn't find it and we made lots of sad RIP edamame jokes. Dave kept saying how expensive it was and why didn't I keep a better eye on him. (I had actually asked him the day I got it if he could put a lobster clasp on it for me because I didn't trust ball chains)
Fast forward 6 days. We got 3 snow storms, over a foot of snow this past week. Today Dave left late for work because he wanted to go to the barber he forgot it closed on Mondays (why is that?) and so I walked with him after he realized in a totally different direction than I normally walk to the T.
THEN (cue dramatic music)
we get to the cross street to ours and right there in a giant snow bank next to the sidewalk some maintence men were shoveling............. was MR EDAMAME. I yelled it actually.
MY EDAMAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and Dave grabbed him and stuck him in his pocket (he knew I was thinking GERMS GERMMS GERRRRRMSSS)
Dave said "It's kismet kid"
He even took this photo for you and said "I made something for your blogging friends"

This kinda odd stuff happens to me ALL THE TIME. I tend to be a rather unlucky girl but coincidences?? yeah I am very lucky in them. Once I found my limited edition Fall 2007 Alexander McQueen for MAC lipgloss in the spot my car had been parked in the week prior. (I threw it away but STILL)
Comments
I LOOOVE Edamame too. I mean saying the word is fun on its own, and just a small peek into the full enjoyment of those leetle soybeans!
Congrats on finding it - I could use some of your good luck, I lost my mailbox key off my keychain.(It's a duck that quacks. The clip breaks all the time, but I just can't get rid of it).
Love edamame - I always have it in my freezer ready for a little appetizer!
(P.S. I love the dramatic reenactment!)
Glad you found it, your new year is off to a lucky start!
-b-
I had been nagging my H to get me the 125 Bulgari anniversary ring (only one from the we can afford) for our 7th anniversary and he did !
It's a little big, but a few days after he gave it to me I lost it. Nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere, REALLY I practically cleaned the entire house looking.. then about 3 days after i had lost it I went to my grandmothers house. I started fixing the roses that she had gotten for her birthday. The moment I began to water them i saw something shiny on the green oasis the roses were stuck in.... there it was ! Talk about a miracle!