I'm just sitting on a shelf

Smock dress with pockets H&M
Turtleneck H&M
Leggings Newport News
Boots Merrell LL Bean
Scarf Target
Hat Dorothy's
This is a smock dress. It is meant to fit like a smock. Don't tell me it would look better belted. I will delete you so fast you will wonder "did I comment I can't remember" I like feeling an eccentric child's art student in this dress (and not in a weird lolita way)
Every time I wear it I get at least 3 belt comments. SHUT UP ABOUT THE BELT. I think the problem is some assume everything looks better belted. I disagree.
This dress is short enough I don't feel comfy wearing tights with it. So i wear leggings and pretend I mean to flash everyone.
see I have a figure
slightly better detail shot
I have to apologize the other day I got uppity when someone said my posing looked like another blogger. I have have been posting and running a blog with my outfits for 2 years before this person came around. They just are more popular than I am. I don't like being compared to people in that kind of manner. So I deleted the comments and my own and said IT DOESN'T MATTER I know I have been doing this longer so who cares.
Honey butter biscuit I was doing it in the 70's.
Haaa Sorry I entertain myself sometimes. That is all that really matters in life right? Laughing.
I have a quiz for you all in a little bit. BUT keep in mind the posts that got you coming back in the first place. ;)
Comments
Man, I wish I had seen the comments before you deleted them. Now I want to know whose poses loook like yours. But I don't want to stir up a mess of trouble, so I'll go back to what I was doing - admiring your outfit! Love it!
I didn't invent the pose or any for that matter!
Well maybe the standing on a book stool. :P
ditto about stating "I'm copying". That's what I do too. I think it's great to link back and then everyone can compare different people rocking a similar inspiration. Love it!
I'm not a big fan of unwarranted advice either, by the way, so I can understand your annoyance! If I want advice, I'll generally ask for it.
re: belting - bah! I'm sure this would look nice belted too BUT it looks perfectly awesome not belted. Some people are too belt-crazy. Sure belts are cute but they are NOT a necessity and cinching your waist is NOT a requirement to getting dressed. Most things I wear are relatively body conscious and it's boring. I wish I could mix it up sometimes and wear a dress like this without feeling out of my element. Also I think this is a great length and not too short. Also I like your little hair flip and I think it's perfect with this outfit.
I don't know how I feel about unsolicited advice. I think it can be a good thing from someone I know (like if *you* said "I don't think that's working for you" I would appreciate it because you're not just some stranger) but there are some people who ONLY comment when they see something "wrong" with an outfit and that's not nice.
I like all your comments re:belts. I mean sometimes I feel I need one but I don't think they are a requirement! I like to look flowy some days! I also don't always like them because I don't have such a defined waist and they dig in a little.