Long lost written word.
I like to write. I was always that friend that wrote 4 letters for every letter I received. I never really wrote anything of much substance but there was always a lot of it. Then I got a computer and all that kinda died off. I used to keep journals of what I did everyday. Not a diary but a literal account what I did that day.
June 4 1995 (I am making this up) School, McDonald's with mom. Called Emily.
That would of been an example of what I wrote. I did it for a couple years.
Now the only things I physically write are notes at meeting at work and some post its (or as my dad calls them Sticky Damnits)
That was until I got a new pen.

I am bit like this over it. (it is worth watching if you have 4 minutes) It is hand carved by a local artist, it is Padauk wood from West Africa. Dave got it for me from this really nice guy at a craft fair this weekend. I then spent the rest of the weekend writing notes to Dave and making him reply in writing. I also copied down lines from Mad Men last night. I wrote until my hand hurt.
I am a rightie and I usually have a death grip

If it starts to hurt I try to let up some. Like this.

I felt so fancy this morning pulling it out of my purse and signing a slip with it. Also I didn't get the cooties public register pens all have. I only get my own cooties.
If you haven't written anything in awhile you should take 5 minutes today and just write what ever comes to mind. It was very cathartic. I just wish my arm didn't hurt!
Do you still write letters? Who do you write to?
I am bad and don't write to many people anyone. I was writing with my friend Eden and sadly that is it. I have been bad and I think it is my turn to reply. I used to have a Russian pen pal for years. We were paired up in elementary school. I wrote to her through high school too. I loved how she always wrote on graph paper.
June 4 1995 (I am making this up) School, McDonald's with mom. Called Emily.
That would of been an example of what I wrote. I did it for a couple years.
Now the only things I physically write are notes at meeting at work and some post its (or as my dad calls them Sticky Damnits)
That was until I got a new pen.
I am bit like this over it. (it is worth watching if you have 4 minutes) It is hand carved by a local artist, it is Padauk wood from West Africa. Dave got it for me from this really nice guy at a craft fair this weekend. I then spent the rest of the weekend writing notes to Dave and making him reply in writing. I also copied down lines from Mad Men last night. I wrote until my hand hurt.
I am a rightie and I usually have a death grip
If it starts to hurt I try to let up some. Like this.
I felt so fancy this morning pulling it out of my purse and signing a slip with it. Also I didn't get the cooties public register pens all have. I only get my own cooties.
If you haven't written anything in awhile you should take 5 minutes today and just write what ever comes to mind. It was very cathartic. I just wish my arm didn't hurt!
Do you still write letters? Who do you write to?
I am bad and don't write to many people anyone. I was writing with my friend Eden and sadly that is it. I have been bad and I think it is my turn to reply. I used to have a Russian pen pal for years. We were paired up in elementary school. I wrote to her through high school too. I loved how she always wrote on graph paper.
Comments
Of course I still write thank-you cards, things like that, but I don't write many "just because" letters anymore.
Oh - I had a few german penpals in high school and college too, and they always wrote on graph paper! And they actually all had pretty similar handwriting. Weird.
I also have this obsession with stationary, which is strange considering I don't write letters very often.
Not anymore and I honestly miss it.
In fact now when i take notes in meetings or just write a little i get tired really fast and i can see that my handwriting has changed - :(
I write to my great aunts, they are over 80 and I write to them at least once a year -
It's a pity we have lost the custom of doing it, it's so much personal ...
So much better than a bill in the mailbox and I love that someone took the time to write.
Plus, I love stationary and little cards, they are cute and begging to be used!
-b-