Honest Scrap Award


Lorena of My Every Day Wear was so kind to give me the Honest Scrap Award. With this award it is asked I tell you 10 honest things about myself.


1. I don't cut my own meat.
2. I don't use alarm clocks. I had to briefly from July 1997- Feb 1999 but not before or sense.
3. I use my mouse left handed.
4. I have a hard time letting things go. (getting MUCH better)
5. My mother and I didn't get along for say oh 28 years but now she gets me better than anyone and she is the only person I want to call when I am sad.
6. I have two dads. I am lucky and had two opposite male role models.
7. My grandparents had a VERY big part in my upbringing and because of that we are closer than most people and their grandparents.
8. When I was 16 my mom, dad and grandparents chipped in and I got to go on a school trip to England, France, Switzerland and Germany. The trade off was I had to take AP European History and join Key Club and Model UN.
9. I don't think I want to return to grad school. I still haven't actually told them either. (the school)
10. My mom and I used to "make our own groceries"(its a book) dandelion wine, Ketchup, BBQ Sauce. We'd make anything we wanted at that moment.


Thank you again Lorena I really appreciate it.

Comments

Steve Sparshott said…
You don't cut your own meat? Why's that? And hi!
hillary said…
welp as a kid I was very squeamish and got freaked out knowing meat was animals. But my mom made me eat meat because I anemic so she'd cut it up small so it was easier for me to handle and it was something she just kept doing and then a boyfriend picked up on doing it then dave. Like if we are at say Thanksgiving dave will take a big piece and give me small pristine pieces without fat or gross stuff on it.
I have this HORRIFIC gag reflex and once it starts I have a hard time stopping. So childish but its just what I have known and am comfortable with. I didn't even realize people thought anything of it until recently somsone ate dinner with us and notices.

also OMG YOU COMMENTED ON MY BLOG AHAHA (happy dance)
Lorena said…
Hey Hillary, thank you for taking the time...
You know I have a "thing" with meat/chicken too... I can´t eat anything that I see a bone on.... my H has to take it out for me :)
hillary said…
oh I can't even LOOK at the bone. I feel ya on that. omg do I. My mom and husband will read this and laugh their asses off because they have experienced me freaking out.
Lorena said…
Ha ! I am sooo glad I am not the only one !
People look at me funny but I have to accept that once they know they try to "comply" with my requests...
How cute! Maybe I should have my husband start cutting my chicken for me! I don't eat mammalian meat anymore :(
hillary said…
Ms. B I eat chicken, turkey and ham and thats it. Mostly cause I am squeamish and because red meat and regular pork give me horrible migraines.
Tina said…
I don't use an alarm clock either. Isn't it liberating??