Trying curly hair.

I naturally have wavyISH hair. I usually wake up with curls underneath and straightish on top. I flat iron it most days. As a kid my mom tried everything on my hair. My first memory of being embarrassed was the day my mom sponge rolled my hair for my nursery school picture day.
Don't let your mom perm your hair!!
I am still horrified now but at least now I dig the little outfit. Hello 1982!

So fasforward 27 years and I saw this post by Love Maegan about sponge rolling and getting big ass hair out of it. I figured why not!

I let my hair dry for a few hours and did it while it was damp. An episode of Footballer's wives and 44 roller later I was ready to wait.
26299539
I slept on it over night and this was after removing one of them.
IMG_4178I had decided not to do my bangs as they are really a part of me and I don't like how I look without them. I figured I would swoop them when I was done.

Immediately upon removing.
Front View
IMG_4179
Side View
IMG_4187
Back View
IMG_4188
IMG_4186
I had a little bit of a hard time removing them. A couple had knotted a little from sleeping on them. I finger combed them a little and slapped a headband to run out the door for a vet appointment.
About an hour after removing. It was also POURING out.
IMG_4192
This is a few hours later and a lot of rain later.
IMG_4196
I am hoping to leave them until at least tomorrow. I have a feeling it might be great waves tomorrow. All in all it wasn't too bad. The hardest part was putting them all in. Especially with as much and as thick of hair as I have. Next time I would put the larger rollers on top instead of the smallest. It made for way too tight curls on the top of my head.

Comments

FashionAddict said…
Cute! And pretty necklace, too.
Becky said…
OMG are we the SAME person? I did this last night, too with Meagan's post as reference! Except I only had to use 24 rollers instead of 48...and I was watching the 5th season of The Office. I wish I had the pictures of me with sponge rolled hair from just about ALL of my elementary school pictures, but they're in Jacksonville in my parents' house. I haven't gone out yet today, but I've fashioned my curls into an updo...it's too fro-ey otherwise, since my hair is still relatively short.

I REALLY like the curls on you! And is that more leopard print I'm seeing? ;)
heather said…
i LOVE the curls. they look BRILLIANT! really, i wish my dumb stick straight hair would do that.
hillary said…
Heather sponge roll over night. It's Completely sufferer than say curling irons. I would bet money you'd have curls.


Becky pics!!! I own gobs and gobs of animal print but defualt to wearing it with black and grey. I have a giraffes (you know the mythical creature) sweater I wear with everything why I don't with leopard I dunno!

Fashion addict. Thanks it's from banana republic. My mom got it last year for my birthday.
Becky said…
It looks great! Makes me want to put my hot rollers in. But not today...it's 97 here!
Megan said…
I LOVE IT! The bigger it got the better to me. And your highlights look beautiful in the curls!
Kelly said…
I love it! I passed a Target today and thought, "I wanted to go in there, but why?" and since I couldn't remember, I just kept driving.

This is why. duh.
treesaw said…
Ooh, looks so pretty!
Ally said…
Love it!! Now I wanna try it toooooooooooo :)
Eyeliah said…
It looks really great, I did my share of sponge rolling in the past (when my hair was long!). Pin curls are a lot of fun too.
idy said…
I love your hair.
Lorena said…
Loved the post !
I read Maegan´s curling moment... and thought wow how neat is that ?!
Pretty animal print and necklace combo !