Top Secret!


This past weekend my husband's parents came and we did an urban scavenger hunt. The company that put it on is Urban Interactive. You are a secret agent trying to solve a mystery before the other enemy agents. It was a lot of fun and very engaging. We went around the city hunting for clues and talking to secret agents placed around the city. At two points we saw other teams and we even ran down alleys the wrong way to deter them! If your city does has a branch of this you really should check it out. It was a lot of fun and a great way to see the sights of the city with out of towners. Its was a real history lesson too. You get a iPhone loaded up with a software and you get clues and answer questions. I don't want to give anything away but I highly recommend it. We had so much fun we talked about doing the other one out at Harvard Square! Oh and best thing? We had the highest score so far! Nerd power!

Comments

Anna Searcy said…
I TOTALLY geek out on this kind of thing. Looks like you guys had an excellent time!

You know the Harry Potter colloquium I teach at school (i think i mentioned this during my 365)--- well, about half of the course entails solving riddles and doing scavenger hunts. Hilarious! (other teachers get annoyed though because kids are running everwhere asking weird questions of people who may not be in on it).
Heather said…
#1 - I totally want to take Anna's course. hehe

#2 - this sounds like such a great idea. I've really got to research it and see if there is something like this in Toronto!!
We had a great time and can't wait to do the other one in Harvard Square. Maybe Don can sing again!
BAM said…
I don't think there are any organized ones in Houston (that I'm aware of), but two pals recently put one together using the public transportation lightrail as the backbone. It was awesome. We had so much fun figuring out the clues and running around town. It sounds like you all had a bunch of fun too!

Proof that adults still like to play!
hillary said…
anna I want to take your classes so bad my teeth hurt!

heather lets take it together. No one will notice the giggling 30 somethings in the back will they?!

Helen Heads up all thats my MIL!! *waves*

BAM I DREAM about doing things like that. I tell my husband to always be on the lookout.