My new everyday camera

This past week I was looking to replace my point and shot that was dying a slow death. My husband and I did some research and I ended up getting a Canon and guess what? It's red! (I had to take a picture of it with my cellphone so its not its most flattering side.) My DSLR is a Canon and husband's point and shoot is a Canon. I always am happy with them.
IMG_2587.JPG
This model is the Canon ELPH Powershot SD780is it is 12 megapixel,
It came in other colors but it wasn't even a question in my mind. I haven't fully played with the functions to the best of my ability (some of you may know I am on hiatus from photography grad school) but its a damn fine little camera. I have left it on full auto no flash this past week for all my outfit photos. It is really smart and picks the best setting automatically and has facial recognition along with a timer that will take 3 shots. It takes great photos in low light. My apartment is really dark hole, we only have two tiny windows and I took this photo with no lights on at about 7:00pm without a flash.
detail of flowers
Its also squee small, fits in the cellphone pocket of my purse. I need a snazzy low profile case for it. It also takes HD video which I am excited to use with the new addition coming this week. I have taken a couple videos and they come out fantastic. They are so high quality that my netbook can't handle playing them in their full format. *heee* I don't work for Canon or anything but I know people are always looking for camera suggestions. I highly recommended this one. It retails for about $250 but I bought the $35 you break it, drop it in toilet, throw it out a car window, insurance for two years because I plan to carry it everywhere.

What kind of camera do you use?

Comments

Ally said…
Ooh it's so cute!! I <3 Canon cameras too. I have a Canon SD750.
julie mack said…
We have the same camera! Mine's black though. It is the most magical camera ever. :)
Heather said…
Fancy!!! I have a Canon powershot too (older model that I love).
Anonymous said…
Ooh, our point-and-shoot (also red!) is about to die and I use an Elph at work ... hmmm ...
hillary said…
Sal if you currently have a canon make sure to do the upgrade program!

Heather. I have to say its pretty damn fantastic. Its more special because I paid for it all myself putting aside 20 a week from my paycheck! (not joint account) May seem like nothing to others but I have had a joint account with dave for 11 years.

Julie well duh we are adorkable twins eh? YOu did the upgrade program didnt you?

Ally I think thats the one dave has!
BAM said…
I have a simple point and click Kodak. It's nothing fancy and probably was only $100, but in general it works really well for me. It's a dark orange color and that was one of things that drew me to it (I'm a sucker).

As I've been reading other blogs and trying to take photos for my own, I'm starting to see limitations (how to photo jewelry?).
hillary said…
BAM does it have a macro setting?
If not natural light is your best bet.
Kimberly said…
I have a red camera too, but mine is the Nikon Coolpix S60. Its okay for daily use and while it might be immature I never grow tired of taking pictures at parties and drawing naughty things on them with that cool little feature!
BAM said…
Macro Setting? I don't think I know what that is....I'll play around with it tonight and maybe even pull out the manual.

I'm kinda new to the whole taking pictures of stuff other than groups of people, so I haven't really played with many settings.

@kimberly: that sounds like a fun little camera!
hillary said…
Bam it almost always looks like a flower. It is meant for close up shots. I bet it will make all the difference in your jewelry pictures.
Unknown said…
I love your camera. I really wanted one, but ended up getting a better deal on a black Kodak EasyShare.
It's not bad, but I think the Canon (dh has one) is better.
Eyeliah said…
for now a conon sd600, saving for the g10. by the time I have $$ it will be g11.
hillary said…
thank you all!