Easy shoe DIY

I have had this idea floating in my head for what feels like years. I wanted HOT PINK soles on my shoes. Before I went out and bought anything though (well that and I don't have a car) I figured I would practice. Saturday night I decided to do a test run. I took a pair of shoes I don't wear too often (pinchy mcpinchy pants) but also a pair that I thought would lend itself to colored soles. (They have plastic up the inside of the heel as well as on the sole of the foot.
I just used a pink I already and had and set out to paint.
First I taped up the shoes so as not to get paint on the leather.
The results.

I forgot to take a before or process picture. (Heck I am lucky I got an after. I tend to make things and forget to document them as much as I'd like)
I liked the look. I will go buy some nice hot pink and some clear varnish to seal them a bit. Now I know this will scuff off but for the most part the back that people see when I walk should stay pretty well since it doesn't touch the ground. I have red soled shoes that is what happened to them. The ball and heel tip wore down but the rest has stayed pretty well.
Comments
Thanks for all the nice comments!