Been Tagged 15 books

I was tagged on Facebook but I really wanted to bring this over here for people who aren't on there and ask you to fill it out as well.

15 books that you can think of which have made some kind of impact on you. (do in under 15 minutes)

I could give a bunch of classic and pretend I was so hip and cool but I am gonna be honest and these are the first 15 that come to mind as impacting me in some way.

1. Matilda Roald Dahl
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Roald Dahl
3. Welcome to the Monkey House Kurt Vonnegut
4. The Bell Jar Sylvia Plath (you have NO idea)
5. The Baby Sitters Club Ann M. Martin
6. Alice in Wonderland Lewis Carroll
7. Cather in the Rye (so obvious hipster answer but WHEN I read it matters) J D Salinger
8. Go ask Alice Anonymous
9. Summer Sisters Judy Blume
10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn Betty Smith
11. Time Travelers Wife Audrey Niffenegger
12. The Basketball Diaries Jim Carroll
13. Junky William S Burroughs
14. Where the Sidewalk Ends Shel Silverstein
15. American Psycho Bret Easton Ellis

Comments

Great choices. I too loved The Bell Jar and Catcher in the Rye. :-)
Becky said…
I share 1, 9, and 11 with you. I read "Summer Sisters" when I was in high school because I loved Judy Blume as a kid (Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing, anyone?), and I had no idea it was going to be the book that it was. It kind of made me feel ok about talking about sexuality with my girl friends. I used to be not prudish per se, but very self conscience about asking and talking about that sort of stuff. That book helped I think. And OMG, have you seen the movie preview for The Time Traveler's wife? I just saw it last night and I'm super excited! Book recommendation: The Secret History by Donna Tartt.
hillary said…
haaaaaa totally read secret history. The same person who read summer sisters with me had me read secret history. But I read secret in highschool and summer sisters came out when I was in college.
My online persona is Miss Matilda. (flickr and twitter and facebook)
Becky said…
Um, heads up, I sent you a request to follow you on twitter. You thought you could tell me your online persona and not have me twitter stalk you, didn't you? Huge mistake. :)
hillary said…
Brooklyn I haven't read many of those I will add them to my "to read list"

thanks everyone!